Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pro Fender Vents on 2016 GTS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-04-2022, 03:55 PM

Received 124 Likes on 70 Posts
2015 Mercedes S550 Coupe
John is full of ****, i emailed him and he too said he cant sell me that piece unless i order the louvers from them..

Old 08-04-2022, 03:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 623 Likes on 369 Posts
2020 McLaren 720s Spider
Originally Posted by Y.Haider
John is full of ****, i emailed him and he too said he cant sell me that piece unless i order the louvers from them..
how does he know you didnt indirectly via their wide network of resellers?
Old 08-04-2022, 10:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 127 Likes on 76 Posts
AMG GTBS, AMG GTR Pro, AMG GT, C63 AMG, Porsche Panamera 4S, RX-7 FC Turbo II
Originally Posted by Stenzel-Germany
Hi skilly,

Thanks.

The extractors are aftermarket.(renntech)

GTR pro has different fenders from the factory.The "funnel" are already integrated.

Best regards

Stenzel
Correct, here is a look:

Old 08-04-2022, 10:54 PM

2015 Mercedes S550 Coupe
Originally Posted by Skilly
how does he know you didnt indirectly via their wide network of resellers?
Because if i did order from their reseller they directly ship to the customer and he can look it up by name. plus they ship this part along with their louvers im sure

When i sent him an email he replied back by saying that i must have got his email through discussion forum on mbworld discussion forum

if you are reading this message john, renntech sucks! I dont want my louvers to have big renntech written on them.. why would I advertise your brand on my car? Part is not free

i have renntech diffuser extension on my car… chinese made and does not fit that well

Last edited by Y.Haider; 08-04-2022 at 11:41 PM.
Old 08-04-2022, 10:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2020 McLaren 720s Spider
Originally Posted by Case1906
Correct, here is a look:

how tricky was it to remove the vents? I have some CF coming and could any advice you want to share.
Old 08-05-2022, 01:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 127 Likes on 76 Posts
AMG GTBS, AMG GTR Pro, AMG GT, C63 AMG, Porsche Panamera 4S, RX-7 FC Turbo II
how tricky was it to remove the vents? I have some CF coming and could any advice you want to share.

I had my very excellent body shop install them for me as a favor at N/C, but I watched. They plied loose the first clip in the rear of the vent with a soft trim removal tool. Next, they slowly pulled or plied the rest of vent clips to remove. My OEM vents did have double-sided tape which left a sticky residue. The car was warm from the drive to the shop which I think helped with removal. Otherwise I would suggest heating up your OEMs for easier removal if your vents are taped. The problem is that you won’t know this until you get started.

We decided to apply fresh double-sided tape to the new APR vents to be safe, after cleaning the residue off. Would recommend the thinnest tape that you can find. The APR vents did not come with tape (or instructions).Install was straight forward after lining up the new vent clips by slowly and firmly pressing down starting on the sides. Just make sure all clips are seated and the tape sets by putting pressure around the vent’s edges.

The following users liked this post:
Skilly (08-05-2022)
Old 08-05-2022, 11:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2020 McLaren 720s Spider
Originally Posted by Case1906
I had my very excellent body shop install them for me as a favor at N/C, but I watched. They plied loose the first clip in the rear of the vent with a soft trim removal tool. Next, they slowly pulled or plied the rest of vent clips to remove. My OEM vents did have double-sided tape which left a sticky residue. The car was warm from the drive to the shop which I think helped with removal. Otherwise I would suggest heating up your OEMs for easier removal if your vents are taped. The problem is that you won’t know this until you get started.

We decided to apply fresh double-sided tape to the new APR vents to be safe, after cleaning the residue off. Would recommend the thinnest tape that you can find. The APR vents did not come with tape (or instructions).Install was straight forward after lining up the new vent clips by slowly and firmly pressing down starting on the sides. Just make sure all clips are seated and the tape sets by putting pressure around the vent’s edges.
thank you - great explanation!!
Old 08-25-2022, 09:10 PM

Received 24 Likes on 10 Posts
'18 AMG GTR, '04 CL55, '04 E55, '03 CLK500, '01 E55,94 E500, '91 190E 2.5-16 EVOII, '86 560SL
Does anyone know about this brand/company??
They are offering body parts for AMG GT, and many other brands and models
They have BS body kit with wing.

I contact them because I'm looking for a set of fender vents for my GTR. They are half the price of the APR, and 1/4 of the Reentech. I'm sure the quality will be not as good as those. But I was looking for some feedback for someone that might bought parts from them.

RR33 (08-30-2022)
Old 08-26-2022, 01:08 PM

2015 Mercedes S550 Coupe
Chinese company.. not sure how the quality would be
Old 08-26-2022, 06:40 PM

Received 28 Likes on 12 Posts
AMG GTs, G550, Jeep JKU, 78 Bronco
I have purchased knock-off carbon fiber parts in the past. It is very hit and miss. Most of the time they don’t hold up. APR has a very good reputation and all of their stuff is made very well. RENNtech is the same way with very high quality manufacturing that will last. If it was something like mirror covers, I would say cheap is good. For the vents, personally I would have a hard time buying knock-offs. Just my two cents.
Case1906 (08-27-2022)
Old 08-29-2022, 07:20 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mercedes-Benz AMG GTS
How did you measure and lineup the vents before cutting so they were in correct position?
Old 02-04-2023, 05:16 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2012 C63 AMG Coupe ( First Liberty Walk C63 in the US)
Originally Posted by bhamcarnut
Well after lots of anxiety and my butt puckering the entire time, I cut the front fenders for the APR Carbon Fiber fender vents. I had to Cut off the tabs on the APR vents to fit in the hole made for the Renntech fender extractors. Will cut out the inner fenders and fender supports for the extractors this week. I will post more pics as the process continues.

Hey! When purchasing the APR vents for your 2016 GTS are those fender extractors needed from renntech or can you install the vents without doing a whole lot of modifications? I understand they are advertised for the GTR pro direct replacement. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated! Thank you
Old 02-04-2023, 06:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2020 McLaren 720s Spider
Originally Posted by Vader_c63
Hey! When purchasing the APR vents for your 2016 GTS are those fender extractors needed from renntech or can you install the vents without doing a whole lot of modifications? I understand they are advertised for the GTR pro direct replacement. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated! Thank you
Those arent for a GTR Pro - the grill might fit but thats a kit for modding cars without the fender grills. That channeling for air is all form factor in a Pro fender already.
Stenzel-Germany (02-04-2023)
Old 02-04-2023, 06:50 PM

Those arent for a GTR Pro - the grill might fit but thats a kit for modding cars without the fender grills. That channeling for air is all form factor in a Pro fender already.

So just buying the APR fender vents for a 2016 GT / cutting the fender it would work just fine? I was reading all the replies and it seemed that the renntech piece was needed to install correctly.

Just want to make that clear! Appreciate your help
Old 02-04-2023, 06:53 PM

Received 443 Likes on 237 Posts
AMG GTR
Hi,

Has anyone managed to get these Renntech fender extractors (without the carbon vents)?
Can't find a way to order them.
E-mailed Renntech several times. Renntech doesn't seem to answer emails.

Best regards

Stenzel
Old 02-04-2023, 07:01 PM

Received 443 Likes on 237 Posts
AMG GTR
So just buying the APR fender vents for a 2016 GT / cutting the fender it would work just fine? I was reading all the replies and it seemed that the renntech piece was needed to install correctly.

Hi,

If you only want the optics, you don't need the Renntech extractors. You just bleed some air out of the engine bay.

Aerodynamically, the vents are intended to ventilate the wheel arches. This works with the extractors and the now open wheel arch panels.

Best regards

Stenzel

Last edited by Stenzel-Germany; 02-04-2023 at 07:05 PM.
Old 02-04-2023, 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by Stenzel-Germany
Hi,

If you only want the optics, you don't need the Renntech extractors. You will then just bleed some air out of the engine bay.

Aerodynamically, the vents are intended to ventilate the wheel arches. This then works with these extractors and the open wheel arch panels.

est regards

Stenzel
hey sir,

thank you so much for the reply. So from my understanding they will work just fine being installed but just take some access heat out of the engine bay.

if I want them to properly function with the wheel arches and break heat etc I need the renntech piece which is ordered separately.

I was just worried for a moment you needed that renntech piece for install but that’s not the case which is great.

thank you again. Appreciate it!

Old 02-04-2023, 07:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2020 McLaren 720s Spider

Nope...well sorta. Depends what you want. If just the look, I suppose but it would be a kinda hoaky.

APR is a fender vent CF replacement for the Pro - vent only. the RT kit is the vent and the channel from the wheel for airflow and fitment to the vent. 2 different things. if you want to retro to the non-GTR Pro set up the RT kit is the only one available as I understand it.
Old 02-04-2023, 08:18 PM

Nope...well sorta. Depends what you want. If just the look, I suppose but it would be a kinda hoaky.

APR is a fender vent CF replacement for the Pro - vent only. the RT kit is the vent and the channel from the wheel for airflow and fitment to the vent. 2 different things. if you want to retro to the non-GTR Pro set up the RT kit is the only one available as I understand it.
Mainly just going for looks. I understand it won’t be fully functional and just bleed engine heat instead of brake heat. Do you think the fitment will be off if just installing the vents on a normal AMG GTS?
Old 02-05-2023, 03:05 AM

2015 Mercedes S550 Coupe
Renntech is being a jerk and not wanting to sell just the extractor piece.. they want u to buy the whole kit for over $3k

i too have the apr carbon fiber vents. I will most likely cut the fender liner and install a mesh grille for the airflow
Old 02-05-2023, 12:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2020 McLaren 720s Spider
Mainly just going for looks. I understand it won’t be fully functional and just bleed engine heat instead of brake heat. Do you think the fitment will be off if just installing the vents on a normal AMG GTS?
should fit. You would cut the opening and then trim the tabs and use double sided tape. No one will know except us friends here on the forum
Old 02-05-2023, 05:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 700 Likes on 533 Posts
R Nine T
Originally Posted by Y.Haider
Renntech is being a jerk and not wanting to sell just the extractor piece.. they want u to buy the whole kit for over $3k

i too have the apr carbon fiber vents. I will most likely cut the fender liner and install a mesh grille for the airflow
Just think you could have a “pipe” and a plastic grill for the inside of a fender for 10k !

Renntech invented inflation.
Old 02-06-2023, 02:28 PM

Received 381 Likes on 244 Posts
Should be relatively easy to make the "pipe" part. Create one using cardboard (or heavy paper) then cover it with fiberglass/resin and remove the cardboard, after curing. Working with fiberglass is a little messy, but kind o' fun and not really that difficult (assuming you're not trying to engineer the structure with specific strength properties). Given that this is a hidden part, it'd also be a good "first fiberglass" project. #;-))
Old 02-06-2023, 07:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 381 Likes on 237 Posts
2010 Irridium Silver MB C63 AMG Sedan
Originally Posted by bhamcarnut
I have purchased knock-off carbon fiber parts in the past. It is very hit and miss. Most of the time they don’t hold up. APR has a very good reputation and all of their stuff is made very well. RENNtech is the same way with very high quality manufacturing that will last. If it was something like mirror covers, I would say cheap is good. For the vents, personally I would have a hard time buying knock-offs. Just my two cents.

What did you use to cut the fender so damn clean and not choppy? What saw and what type of blade? That's one hell of a clean cut just by looking at the metal edges and the lack of metal bowing...
Old 02-06-2023, 08:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2020 McLaren 720s Spider
Originally Posted by ZephyrAMG
What did you use to cut the fender so damn clean and not choppy? What saw and what type of blade? That's one hell of a clean cut just by looking at the metal edges and the lack of metal bowing...
actually with that comment its probably a good time to mention that different materials for different fenders and that cutting tool is gonna matter! Dont forget GTR fenders are CF for anyone who wants to take a shot at cutting up their GTR to have these vents added!
ZephyrAMG (02-06-2023)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Pro Fender Vents on 2016 GTS