Rear Wing HELP

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-17-2023, 06:18 PM

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
2020 AMG GTC
Rear Wing HELP

For the life of me I can't figure how to keep the rear wing extended whether when driving or always extended. When driving it hit the button and says extending (or whatever) then little icon shows it extended. After a few minutes it shows not extended. I did try turning off ignition and turn it on accessory. Then hit button to extend. Then turn all way off. That keeps it extended. But when I start the car again it seems to go back down. Online owner manual doesn't seem to be clear. Any help???
Old 05-17-2023, 06:56 PM

Received 133 Likes on 81 Posts
2020 AMG GTC
Originally Posted by c400ry
For the life of me I can't figure how to keep the rear wing extended whether when driving or always extended. When driving it hit the button and says extending (or whatever) then little icon shows it extended. After a few minutes it shows not extended. I did try turning off ignition and turn it on accessory. Then hit button to extend. Then turn all way off. That keeps it extended. But when I start the car again it seems to go back down. Online owner manual doesn't seem to be clear. Any help???
as far as I can recall even if you extend it manually, when you cross over about 40mph and then go below it, I will retract the wing. I don’t believe there is a way to prevent it, unless you change the electronics that control the wing.
Old 05-17-2023, 07:52 PM

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
2020 AMG GTC
Originally Posted by G. P
as far as I can recall even if you extend it manually, when you cross over about 40mph and then go below it, I will retract the wing. I don’t believe there is a way to prevent it, unless you change the electronics that control the wing.
Really? That seems dumb. Thanks though, if anyone else knows differently please let me know.
Old 05-17-2023, 08:02 PM

Received 133 Likes on 81 Posts
2020 AMG GTC
Originally Posted by c400ry
Really? That seems dumb. Thanks though, if anyone else knows differently please let me know.
I agree. but I think it's done for MB to get a better fuel economy rating.
In any case, there is a fixed rear wing available for this model. You can easily take out the electronic one and replace it with a static one (for the GTC you will need additional gadget to trick the system into thinking the electronic one is there)
The following users liked this post:
c400ry (05-18-2023)
Old 05-18-2023, 08:24 AM

Received 110 Likes on 75 Posts
AMG GT C Edition 50
Originally Posted by G. P
I agree. but I think it's done for MB to get a better fuel economy rating.
In any case, there is a fixed rear wing available for this model. You can easily take out the electronic one and replace it with a static one (for the GTC you will need additional gadget to trick the system into thinking the electronic one is there)
Lots of discussion on this topic here. Just search it. I agree it's irritating. I personally couldn't stand it going up and down all the time so I got a fixed wing. It was a pretty easy install. I haven't noticed any reduced mpg.

c400ry (05-18-2023)
Old 05-18-2023, 01:18 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3,345 Likes on 2,065 Posts
AMG GTC Roadster, E63s Ed.1, M8 Comp. Coupe
https://mbworld.org/forums/coupe-roa...r-wing-up.html

c400ry (05-18-2023)