Sponsored by:

Zac Motorsports Intake

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-18-2023, 02:27 PM

Received 36 Likes on 22 Posts
2017 AMG GTS
Zac Motorsports Intake

Has anyone bought this, and if so, how does it feel, sound, and did you get dyno numbers before and after? It looks fantastic and is well priced, but I can't tell if it is a sealed air box/s around their filters. If not, I can't imagine it making more power in such a hot engine bay, other than when it's cold outside and the car isn't fully at full operating temps yet. Out here in the AZ summer, an unsealed airbox sounds like a backwards proposition,.
Old 07-18-2023, 02:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 700 Likes on 533 Posts
R Nine T
Uh oh…
Old 07-18-2023, 02:52 PM

2017 AMG GTS
Originally Posted by AMG 17GT
Uh oh…
will i anger anyone by asking this lol
Old 07-18-2023, 04:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 538 Likes on 337 Posts
2024 AMG G63
Originally Posted by enjracing
will i anger anyone by asking this lol
NO. He was just speculating on the potential troubles that might occur.

STRONG SUGGESTION: Please go with one the tested packages from RENNTEC or WEISTEC.

All of the testing has been done and the results are proven.

In the end though I respect that it’s your car and your decision.

Last edited by JSwan724; 07-18-2023 at 05:38 PM.
The following users liked this post:
California John (07-18-2023)
Old 07-18-2023, 05:26 PM
SPONSOR

Received 81 Likes on 61 Posts
AMGs :)
Originally Posted by JSwan724
NO. He was just specculating on the potential troubles that might occur.

STRONG SUGGENTION: Please go with on of the tested packges from RENNTEC or WEISTEC.

All of the testing has been done and the results are proven.

In the end though I respect that it’s your car and your decision.
Sorry, Firstly neither of these companies you reference even make an intake for AMG GT.
Also, rather than a random dyno graph. We have shown dyno tests of our products, check our YT channel of our C63 dyno comparison. We shot the entire video with no cropping, start to finish to remove all speculation, hood down, hot summers day in Australia, and the results are far superior to any other offering. Nobody else has done that to our knowledge
We also are heavily involved in motorsport and support our AMG GT3 team We design and test all our products right here in Australia.
We also lead the way in product development, C63 billet manifolds, BOV kits, intercoolers Catch can kits. Now copied by many of the big players, including ones you mentioned

Last edited by ZAC MOTORSPORT; 07-19-2023 at 12:13 AM.
The following 3 users liked this post by ZAC MOTORSPORT:
Ago54 (07-19-2023), BrandonSS (07-18-2023), California John (07-19-2023)
Old 07-18-2023, 05:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 538 Likes on 337 Posts
2024 AMG G63
Originally Posted by ZAC MOTORSPORT
Sorry, Firstly neither of these companies you reference even make an intake for AMG GT.
Also, rather than a random dyno graph. We have shown dyno tests of our products, check our YT channel of our C63 dyno comparison. We shot the entire video with no cropping, start to finish to remove all speculation, hood down, hot summers day in Australia, and the results are far superior to any other offering. Nobody else has done that to our knowledge
We also are heavily involved in motorsport and support our AMG GT3 team We design and test all our products right here in Australia.
We also lead the way in product development, C63 billet manifolds, BOV kits, intercoolers Catch can kits.
The subjecct was /is performance and intakes as referenced by the OP by themselves don’t do much as you know. I am familiar with your company and products.

As I said earlier, In the end though I respect that it’s your car and your decision.

Regards

Last edited by JSwan724; 07-18-2023 at 05:56 PM.
Old 07-18-2023, 05:57 PM
SPONSOR

Received 81 Likes on 61 Posts
AMGs :)
Originally Posted by JSwan724
The subjecct was /is performance and intake by themselves don’t do much as you know. I am familiar with your company and products.

As I said earlier, In the end though I respect that it’s your car and your decision.

Regards
Ah, seems like you misread the subject and question, (makes sense when you suggested 2 other brands that don't make an intake for GT) He was asking about our intakes specifically.
And I agree with you. If the question was for the best value performance gain for the money, go with a Stage 1 tune. ( search this forum, I have mentioned this before)
However if you don't want to mess with your ECU for warranty or whatever reason. And you want to enjoy more induction noise, and better aesthetics when you pop the hood, an intake is a great option. Just thought we should clarify the errors in your post. Thanks.
The following 2 users liked this post by ZAC MOTORSPORT:
Ago54 (07-19-2023), BrandonSS (07-18-2023)
Old 07-21-2023, 01:16 PM

2017 AMG GTS
Originally Posted by ZAC MOTORSPORT
We also lead the way in product development, C63 billet manifolds, BOV kits, intercoolers Catch can kits. Now copied by many of the big players, including ones you mentioned
Sounds pretty convincing to me I run a JB4 tune which is usually on map 3 that is absolutely brilliant, so I bet that your intake would only add to that. The induction sound increase and visual pop of it would be a fantastic addition. And yes.....those other two mentioned companies don't even offer an intake, and everything they sell is ridiculously overpriced. I think you'll have a new order soon