E-Class (W214) 2024 -

Map Version and Updating its software

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-24-2024, 03:24 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
350 E
Question Map Version and Updating its software

Greetings: Hope all are well in this forum. I could not locate a thread about Map Version and Updating such on 2024 E Class. You Tube is not clear. How do I go to search the Navigation Map Version, and then do an software Update or do an update as it is complimentary one year.

Greatly appreciative.
Roadrunner
Old 08-24-2024, 03:56 PM
Veteran: Army

Received 105 Likes on 73 Posts
W214 E450
Originally Posted by RoadrunnerHerm
Greetings: Hope all are well in this forum. I could not locate a thread about Map Version and Updating such on 2024 E Class. You Tube is not clear. How do I go to search the Navigation Map Version, and then do an software Update or do an update as it is complimentary one year.

Greatly appreciative.
Roadrunner
I believe map updates will be over the air and likely be only once or twice per year at most. You can see your current version by first hitting the vehicle icon on the top left of the screen while on the nav screen, hit the gear icon on the lower right of the nav popup, select view, and scroll to the bottom to see Map Data Version. My 2024 E350 shows 2023 (V4.0) N.AMERICA. I recently had an OTA update of MBUX to v3.2 but that didn't include a map update. I suspect it's a completely separate update. Your car will likely notify you when there is a new version available.

Old 08-24-2024, 04:12 PM

350 E
L1Wolf,
You are fantastic. Found the version-V.5.0.
Most appreciative as I fine tune this auto.

Best wishes.
Roadrunner
Old 08-24-2024, 04:20 PM

W214 E450
L1Wolf,
You are fantastic. Found the version-V.5.0.
Most appreciative as I fine tune this auto.

Best wishes.
Roadrunner
Thanks for version you have. Mine is not up to date and I have not received any notice of a new map. Perhaps it's something the dealer will do whenever it's in for service, but I heard that OTA map updates are a thing now. I pick up my 2025 E450 next week and I expect that will have the latest map. I'll be asking the dealer how the map will be updated in the future.
Old 08-24-2024, 04:38 PM

350 E
Best wishes with the 2025 E450. I almost waited for this version of auto. Least was running out on my Lexus.
Be interested how map udates are done moving forward. Read someplace there may ve a v.8. Let me know and thanks for sharing your knowledge.
Roadrunner.
Old 08-24-2024, 07:05 PM

W214 E450
It was bugging me that I had such an outdated version so I did a little digging and found that you can manually update the maps by going to the Mercedes ME website. Under manage vehicle you will see an item on the bottom called Manage Services. Click that and you will get another screen that has a link to the online map update. From there, just follow the instructions. Basically, you choose the regions you want to update or you can select an option for complete map. You have to install the download manager and then use the link to launch the download manager with the regions you selected. That will start the download to a USB thumb drive that must be empty. It will prompt you to ask if you want to delete anything on the USB drive and then download everything to the drive. I selected the complete map which was 34GB and took nearly an hour even with my 1Gbit fiber Internet connection. Once downloaded, take the thumb drive to the car, insert it and it will automatically prompt you to install the update. I left my car running the entire time which took about 30 minutes to complete. Now I have 2024 (V9.0) N.AMERICA. Images of the process below. I only wish doing the MBUX update was possible using a similar method. Then I would reinstall the 3.2 update or downgrade to 3.1 and possibly fix the AA issue I have.

Screenshot of the link to get get to the map update link.

Map Update Link

Follow this process

You can select individual regions

Or, select the complete map.

This is what the download manager looks like

You will get a prompt in the car once you insert the USB drive

Update will start

This is what it looks like when finished. It will ask you to restart the navigation system which is done by just clicking a button. Car does not need to be restarted.

My new map data version

The following 2 users liked this post by L1Wolf:
Chum_NIck (08-25-2024), Hicksra (08-24-2024)
Old 08-25-2024, 04:53 PM

350 E
Hi L! Wolf. Hope all is well. Trying to go to the site which I did, found Managing Services, then clicking did nothing. Could you give me the exact address. Will try again. Never saw a more complicated setup in a web site. Amazing the number of things my agent did not tell me or gave me wrong info on the auto. Getting there on my own.
Appreciate any assistance.
Roadrunner.
Old 08-25-2024, 05:11 PM

W214 E450
Hi L! Wolf. Hope all is well. Trying to go to the site which I did, found Managing Services, then clicking did nothing. Could you give me the exact address. Will try again. Never saw a more complicated setup in a web site. Amazing the number of things my agent did not tell me or gave me wrong info on the auto. Getting there on my own.
Appreciate any assistance.
Roadrunner.
Service Manager link where you will see the link for the Online Map Update
https://www.me.mercedes-benz.com/pas...anagement.html

The direct link to the map update is:
https://www.me.mercedes-benz.com/pas...ap-update.html

You must be logged in and it will know if your car is up to date. When I go there now, it says I'm up to date and does not offer me a link to download an update. Map shows green instead of blue as in the pic below. I had to select my car in a prior step before I got here so if you have not already done that, it may not work. I agree, their web site is a bit hard to follow and not very intuitive or user friendly.

Old 08-25-2024, 05:20 PM

350 E
Appreciate all the support. Cannot go any further. I keep putting in my VIN Number, I log in and it knows my name and I go to Managing Services, then ask for VIN again, and then no luck. Been at it two hours. Will call customer service.
Old 08-25-2024, 05:22 PM

W214 E450
Appreciate all the support. Cannot go any further. I keep putting in my VIN Number, I log in and it knows my name and I go to Managing Services, then ask for VIN again, and then no luck. Been at it two hours. Will call customer service.
Have you registered on the site? I did when I first got the car and when I login I see the cars (only one in my case) that are linked to my account. I believe the VIN was entered initially but that was done by my dealer when I picked up the car.
Old 08-25-2024, 07:43 PM

350 E
When I put in my vin when you states to add new car, it states there is another account in that name. But do not see my car attached like in app or with MB Finance App. Strangest thing. Will contact customer service Monday between appointments. Let you know.
Roadrunner.
Old 08-27-2024, 04:05 PM

350 E
L1Wolf,
After some customer support, I have my Mercedes Connect and car identified. Found the new v 9,1 map updates. My work computer will not permit the third part Mercedes Launch Software. My request denied. Waiting for higher ups as I use for work in travel. Also have ordered the version at dealership for updating maps at their site as they are free at dealer for one year. At least I found my Green Map which shows I need updates.
Most appreciative for all you have done for my experiences with the E class.
Roadrunner.
Old 08-27-2024, 04:11 PM

W214 E450
L1Wolf,
After some customer support, I have my Mercedes Connect and car identified. Found the new v 9,1 map updates. My work computer will not permit the third part Mercedes Launch Software. My request denied. Waiting for higher ups as I use for work in travel. Also have ordered the version at dealership for updating maps at their site as they are free at dealer for one year. At least I found my Green Map which shows I need updates.
Most appreciative for all you have done for my experiences with the E class.
Roadrunner.
I'm not sure where you are located but if you are close to Nashville, I can meet you and give you a thumb drive with the update. PM me if you want to do that.
Old 08-27-2024, 04:24 PM

350 E
Very apprecistive and I would love to visit Nashville, but live in New Jersey. LOL. I can wait for permission or go to dealer next week. Dealer states it is V. 8 for my auto, but I stated I saw it is now V. 9.1. Good luck with delivery of the 450.
Old 08-28-2024, 08:40 AM

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts
2025 E450 Sedan: 2019 E450 Coupe
I think the manual download is specific to the car Vin #. 9.1 is the latest version. When I got my car in May, it came with 6.0. I also have a 2019 coupe (W238) and saw that I had a map update for it, so i checked if the 2024 E450 had one. I downloaded the update only for the northeast region. Installed it in the car, message said for update to take effective turn Nav off. Did that and then checked the version, still said 6.0. I deleted the files on the thumb drive, tried to download it again and it would not since the website indicated that my region was now at Ver 8.0. Dealer was no help, then Ver 9.0 became available, did the same process and again car still indicated Ver 6.0, then I decided to download all the regions, installed that and then the car said Ver 9.0. For reference on my coupe I usually just update my region and it always updates the version when i check it in the car. I downloaded Ver 9.1 but haven't installed it yet.

This car is being replaced with a 2025, wonder what version it will arrive with, should have it late Sept.
Old 08-28-2024, 05:38 PM

350 E
Let us know. I have the V.9 on thumb drive. Will see when I upload to auto, I just did the USA due to capacity of the drive.
Old 08-29-2024, 08:24 AM

I updated to V 9.1 yesterday, did the full map again and car indicates that 9.1 is the current version.
Old 08-31-2024, 08:29 AM

Hi Wolf, could you please tell us what version of MBUX the new car came with.
Old 09-28-2024, 11:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
s550 4Matic
Map installer on Mac does not load

Originally Posted by L1Wolf
It was bugging me that I had such an outdated version so I did a little digging and found that you can manually update the maps by going to the Mercedes ME website. Under manage vehicle you will see an item on the bottom called Manage Services. Click that and you will get another screen that has a link to the online map update. From there, just follow the instructions. Basically, you choose the regions you want to update or you can select an option for complete map. You have to install the download manager and then use the link to launch the download manager with the regions you selected. That will start the download to a USB thumb drive that must be empty. It will prompt you to ask if you want to delete anything on the USB drive and then download everything to the drive. I selected the complete map which was 34GB and took nearly an hour even with my 1Gbit fiber Internet connection. Once downloaded, take the thumb drive to the car, insert it and it will automatically prompt you to install the update. I left my car running the entire time which took about 30 minutes to complete. Now I have 2024 (V9.0) N.AMERICA. Images of the process below. I only wish doing the MBUX update was possible using a similar method. Then I would reinstall the 3.2 update or downgrade to 3.1 and possibly fix the AA issue I have.

Screenshot of the link to get get to the map update link.

Map Update Link

Follow this process

You can select individual regions

Or, select the complete map.

This is what the download manager looks like

You will get a prompt in the car once you insert the USB drive

Update will start

This is what it looks like when finished. It will ask you to restart the navigation system which is done by just clicking a button. Car does not need to be restarted.

My new map data version
Hi , I have a Mac. I downloaded the map installer, but it does not open as the MacOS cannot check it for malware. Does Mercedes have an updated version of the map installer for a Mac? You would think Merceds would keep this current (?)
Old 09-28-2024, 11:44 AM

W214 E450
Originally Posted by Indophile
Hi , I have a Mac. I downloaded the map installer, but it does not open as the MacOS cannot check it for malware. Does Mercedes have an updated version of the map installer for a Mac? You would think Merceds would keep this current (?)
I do not know if there is an update. I got what everyone else gets when you download. I don't use a Mac but I'm guessing you will have to disable the malware protection on your Mac temporarily to use this. Apple would have you believe that anything not from their approved store is malicious and that's not a bad way to go for many users but it does get in the way for legit software vendors that do not care to play by Apple's strict rules. If you trust the software vendor, in this case Mercedes-Benz, then I would say to bypass Mac security as long as you are comfortable doing that. Obviously, you do this at your own risk. Maybe a better solution is to bring it to your local dealer for the update.
Old 09-28-2024, 03:45 PM

Received 219 Likes on 174 Posts
2024 GLE63s, 2021 E63s, 2018 GLC43
https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-...er-mh40616/mac

it's not imprisonment
Old 09-28-2024, 08:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
s550 4Matic
Hi,

THis process worked from me on my Mac!! I had to find a Windows machine and do a complete reformat of a USB stick. After an hour of than, and another hour or more of the download, then another half hour for the update, I am done! However, my home region is wrong (which accounts for why my maps does not find addresses that Goggle Maps does). Any idea how to correct my home region? I have updated Maps with all regions (about 30 gig)