Sponsored by:

Intro thread!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-07-2023, 03:48 PM

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
2020 AMG GTC
Originally Posted by GTConn
A lot of people prefer the 991 gen to the 992 gen just because the 992's went so digital. I've only had 991's and the tech is lacking but I've always thought the fit and finish was top notch. But...both of mine had the full leather, which I think makes a difference.

I tried SO HARD to love the LC500. It's so good in so many ways, but in the end I just felt like the lack of torque/power and size, made it a car I'd get bored with in less than a year. Gorgeous cars though and that interior and exhaust note is unbeatable.

I've been cycling thru cars very quickly lately, so I'm trying to find one that will keep me entertained for at least 2 years as we always mod them and it's getting to the point where it's not quite as much fun seeing the dollars go into these cars and then down the drain.
I agree, the LC wasn't as wide and mean looking. Its best angle was front off center. And lack of turbo made it sluggish off the start.
Old 08-07-2023, 03:52 PM

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
2020 AMG GTC
I got the quote from Trent at Highline. As I stated previously, I was quoted $2987 for 60mo with a $250 deductible.
Works out to be just under $600/yr. I believe the low mileage on my car has really helped with the cost.
And just as an FYI, if I remember right, Trent always warns of price increases every January with Fidelity. If you send your info, he can give you a quote.

tgibson@highline-autos.com
Bad juju aside I be curious if and when you make a claim if they cover it or not. There is a reason car warranties are one of the most marketed businesses. Lots of margin in them because people buy them for coverage (esp on older cars) and when they make a claim they don't pay for it. Many seem as sketchy as all these solar salespeople that come to my house every week.
Old 08-07-2023, 09:48 PM

Received 101 Likes on 67 Posts
2019 AMG GTC Solar Beam Yellow
Originally Posted by c400ry
Bad juju aside I be curious if and when you make a claim if they cover it or not. There is a reason car warranties are one of the most marketed businesses. Lots of margin in them because people buy them for coverage (esp on older cars) and when they make a claim they don't pay for it. Many seem as sketchy as all these solar salespeople that come to my house every week.
Ya lots and lots of debates over on Rennlist about these aftermarket warranties. I agree most probably aren't necessary in the end (just like insurance isn't used the majority of the time and again, people have been screwed by their own insurance when they finally did need it).

Overall the feedback has been very positive for those who've needed to use their Fidelity warranty. And again....I can cancel at any time and it's prorated back to me. If I keep the car 2 years, I'm really not out much but there is some peace of mind there at $50/mo. Shoot that doesn't even cover lunch these days. 😱

The following 2 users liked this post by GTConn:
c400ry (08-08-2023), Highline-Autos.com (08-08-2023)
Old 08-11-2023, 08:23 PM

Just an update:

My car was delivered all the way across the US today and arrived in perfect condition! So relieved as I was really dreading buying and shipping another car after my last experience buying out of state.

I've started my cleaning process for the interior and will be doing exterior paint correction afterwards to prep for PPF. Interesting to note, I took paint depth measurements and I've never seen such high readings! I assumed they'd be higher just due to the tri-coat paint job, but wow! It was great to see so much paint. I kinda geeked out. The depth ranged from 6.8 to 10.2 and yes, all original. Every reading showed "second layer of paint." Which wasn't a surprise with SBY.

Anyway, after she's all polished and ready, I'll post pics!
The following users liked this post:
ChargedMB (08-12-2023)
Old 08-13-2023, 12:23 PM

Oil changed yesterday, just due to the time interval as there was only about 400 miles since last year.

Wow what a freaking messy job!! Drain tool fell off and made a nice mess on the garage floor 🙄

Anyone have the part number for the MB drain tube thing? We used the water heater element removal tool hack. Didn't work so awesome. Quickjacks made access a bit cumbersome.
Old 08-13-2023, 03:18 PM

Received 676 Likes on 358 Posts
2020 GTA; 2022 Audi e-tron GT, 2022 Ford F-150; 1926 Rolls-Royce Springfield 40/50 Playboy roadster
Did you make sure the oil temp was at the specified temperature before draining and re-filling?
Old 08-13-2023, 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by MalibuScott
Did you make sure the oil temp was at the specified temperature before draining and re-filling?
Yes....we had read through all of the threads beforehand to make sure we were doing it properly and we've also had dry sump vehicles before.
Lots of steps involved....got about 7 qts out.
Old 08-13-2023, 05:11 PM

Received 676 Likes on 358 Posts
2020 GTA; 2022 Audi e-tron GT, 2022 Ford F-150; 1926 Rolls-Royce Springfield 40/50 Playboy roadster
Yes....we had read through all of the threads beforehand to make sure we were doing it properly and we've also had dry sump vehicles before.
Lots of steps involved....got about 7 qts out.
You'll know if you did it right if your light that you have overfilled the oil doesn't come on.
Old 08-13-2023, 05:18 PM

You'll know if you did it right if your light that you have overfilled the oil doesn't come on.
Nope...we added oil slowly as I saw they were sensitive to overfilling, just like Porsche's. Oil reads as "OK." 😊
Old 08-13-2023, 05:26 PM

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts
2022 G63, 2023 GLA 45S
My dealer has overfilled twice....each time I've had the oil changed 😞
Old 08-13-2023, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by sjp3003
My dealer has overfilled twice....each time I've had the oil changed 😞
Ya...these are just a number to a service guy. That's why we like to do our own maintenance, though I know it's not possible for everyone.

Some Porsche guys ask the dealer to put a specific amount in and they add more at home later.