the transmission

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-27-2024 | 08:55 PM

VV
the transmission

hi been for awhile considering buyng a gt, 2018.2019, but has taken a more urgency as developed a brain disoirder and want to purchase as who knows if i will be able to keep driving in the future.....unfortunetly this has caused me issues with a lot of cmpuer work so struggling to do some research so hoping folks could help sumarize the transmission issues. What exactly is the problems, certain years, are they fixable (i've seem some posts about expesnive replacements).....thanks and yes i know people may tell me to search but i'm finding things but nothing really succient....
Old 01-29-2024 | 11:45 AM

2020 GTA; 2022 Audi e-tron GT, 2022 Ford F-150; 1926 Rolls-Royce Springfield 40/50 Playboy roadster
There were problems with the 2016, but nothing since.
Old 01-31-2024 | 02:39 PM

2020 AMG GTC
I thought I would use this existing post to ask a question on my 2020 GTC. Have about 18k miles on it and been noticing lately when I backup, into a parking space for example, the car will start to shake back and forth (like a shimmy type feeling). Also, approaching some stop lights/signs and pulling slowly into my garage I also get a similar reaction. Seems to happen more after driving for 30 minutes plus. But can't confirm that is the case. I usually drive in Sport Plus mode. Feels to me more like a tranny issue then brakes or anything else. Anyone else experience this or have an idea? Took it to the dealer but they told me these cars are much more complicated than other benz's and would need to keep it for a few days. And that if it was a tranny issue they thought the computer system would sense it.
Old 01-31-2024 | 09:49 PM

So sorry to hear of your condition gwng8

Recommend purchasing as late a model as possible, as I believe MB has subsequently improved the Trans over the years.

You can also find more technical info on the Trans in this thread: Details on our Getrag/Magna 7DCL750 DCT Trans, and a Request for Repair Manual - MBWorld.org Forums

Observing Maintenance Schedule on this Trans is vital - ensure the vehicle you are considering has had the Transmission and Differential Fluid Changes at 4 Years, or 40K Miles.
If not, request the Selling Dealership to do, as it can be an expensive and tricky/time consuming service.

Old 02-07-2024 | 11:59 AM

VV
thanks.
i had read that there were leaking issues, and of course failures...was hoping there was a fix or somthign to look out for, but I will look in the 2019 year or later
Old 02-19-2024 | 12:12 AM

CAV GT40, 2018 GT R, 2019 GLC 63, 13' Ford Raptor,
Originally Posted by c400ry
I thought I would use this existing post to ask a question on my 2020 GTC. Have about 18k miles on it and been noticing lately when I backup, into a parking space for example, the car will start to shake back and forth (like a shimmy type feeling). Also, approaching some stop lights/signs and pulling slowly into my garage I also get a similar reaction. Seems to happen more after driving for 30 minutes plus. But can't confirm that is the case. I usually drive in Sport Plus mode. Feels to me more like a tranny issue then brakes or anything else. Anyone else experience this or have an idea? Took it to the dealer but they told me these cars are much more complicated than other benz's and would need to keep it for a few days. And that if it was a tranny issue they thought the computer system would sense it.
I had a similar problem with a GT R. Dealer had it for weeks never figured it out. search my post on this forum for detailed information.
The following users liked this post:
c400ry (02-19-2024)