Sponsored by:

Need new front grille/logo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-30-2024, 09:14 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2016 AMG GTS
Need new front grille/logo

I'm an ******* and I bumped someone at 3mph, and it cracked the front Merc logo, and the grille behind it. I'm having trouble finding that part (I haven't gone to my dealer... was trying to avoid that price gouge), without it being some aliexpress replica that is the panamerica style and doesn't include the merc logo piece anyway... Might anyone know where I can get it?

I've wanted to do a facelift on my '16 GTS anyway to the 19+ look, but I equally can't find a simple way to do that either, it's either $9000 for the part from someone, or $2000 from china, and neither feel reliable or make it clear if it will actually attach to a '16 without major modifications... Might you have links to parts that any of you have successfully installed?
Old 03-31-2024, 02:34 PM

Received 677 Likes on 359 Posts
2020 GTA; 2022 Audi e-tron GT, 2022 Ford F-150; 1926 Rolls-Royce Springfield 40/50 Playboy roadster
Panamericana grille was first used in 2018. Go on eBay. You would be amazed at the parts available there. (Almost as good as Midnight Auto Supply.)

HOWEVER

If you want to fit a 2018 or later grille on an earlier model will require too much metal work. It's better to buy a simulated Panamericana grille that fits in the hole. There are lots of threads here for that option.
Old 03-31-2024, 02:44 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2016 AMG GTS
I did find plenty of panamericana style grilles that fit in the 2016 style hole, I COULDN'T find the 2016 style grille though. I’d prefer to actually replace the entire front end though to “properly” switch to the panamericana grille, or keep it looking like a 2016… the halfway is weird to me personally.

Originally Posted by MalibuScott
If you want to fit a 2018 or later grille on an earlier model will require too much metal work. It's better to buy a simulated Panamericana grille that fits in the hole. There are lots of threads here for that option.
Old 04-02-2024, 08:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2019 AMG GT S
Originally Posted by ryanojohn
I'm an ******* and I bumped someone at 3mph, and it cracked the front Merc logo, and the grille behind it. I'm having trouble finding that part (I haven't gone to my dealer... was trying to avoid that price gouge), without it being some aliexpress replica that is the panamerica style and doesn't include the merc logo piece anyway... Might anyone know where I can get it?

I've wanted to do a facelift on my '16 GTS anyway to the 19+ look, but I equally can't find a simple way to do that either, it's either $9000 for the part from someone, or $2000 from china, and neither feel reliable or make it clear if it will actually attach to a '16 without major modifications... Might you have links to parts that any of you have successfully installed?
i have the entire grill assembly off my 2019 GT S for sale at a fraction of what you’d pay a dealer for it. You’d need to buy the emblem separate but you can get that from the dealer or off eBay (much cheaper) no problem

https://www.ebay.com/itm/26674799892...mis&media=COPY

https://mbparts.mbusa.com/v-2019-mer...and-components

Old 04-02-2024, 08:44 AM
N16

Received 37 Likes on 10 Posts
2016 AMG GTs, 2012 Audi R8, 2018 Porsche macan turbo
Originally Posted by ryanojohn

The 18 and up grille will not fit on the 16-17 cars, you would need to change the front bumper and fenders to make it work, unfortunately the only option is to go back OEM, or a panamerica grille to fit the 16-17 bumpers, i know that's not what you are looking for but unfortunately its the only option without major surgery.
I went with the aftermarket panamerica grille and i am very happy with it.

The following users liked this post:
Omega4 (04-03-2024)