Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2024 demo cars have arrived

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-10-2024, 04:43 PM

Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts
2023 AMG SL43
Anyone out there know of dealers in the NY/NJ/CT area with GT55 build slots? I've reached out to a few with no luck - don't want the ones on the lot since none of them have back seats.
Old 04-17-2024, 04:11 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
No car
It is really hard to be a Mercedes enthusiast these days. As a customer, I have not received any updates nor news regarding the order process, which has significantly reduced the ownership experience. I have visited 3 MB dealerships in the last 2 weeks, 2 in Dallas and 1 in Bethesda. None of them have any idea what Mercedes USA is doing regarding both the AMG SL and AMG GT products. In direct contrast, the Aston Martin dealership in Dallas called me 5 days after the new Vantage announcement, providing me with a phase 1 build allocation, planned delivery date of Dec. 2024, in-person review of the car in July, and perhaps a test drive if I place a down payment for a new order. This is just so upsetting.

Alright, no more venting for now... starting my wait clock for the next 2 years...
Old 04-17-2024, 06:59 PM

Received 101 Likes on 67 Posts
2019 AMG GTC Solar Beam Yellow
Originally Posted by cwen
It is really hard to be a Mercedes enthusiast these days. As a customer, I have not received any updates nor news regarding the order process, which has significantly reduced the ownership experience. I have visited 3 MB dealerships in the last 2 weeks, 2 in Dallas and 1 in Bethesda. None of them have any idea what Mercedes USA is doing regarding both the AMG SL and AMG GT products. In direct contrast, the Aston Martin dealership in Dallas called me 5 days after the new Vantage announcement, providing me with a phase 1 build allocation, planned delivery date of Dec. 2024, in-person review of the car in July, and perhaps a test drive if I place a down payment for a new order. This is just so upsetting.

Alright, no more venting for now... starting my wait clock for the next 2 years...
Try ordering a Lotus 🤣
Old 04-17-2024, 09:54 PM

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
G63, S580
Sorry to hear about your experience. My dealer called me when their first GT63 arrived to take a look and test drive. I couldn’t make it due to scheduling conflict but will check it out when another comes in. Just have to be in touch with them and bug them. They are too well-fed to remember all the enthusiasts.
Old 04-17-2024, 11:57 PM

Received 74 Likes on 46 Posts
Fast and Really Fast Sports Cars
Originally Posted by cwen

+1. Same experience here with MB vs AM.

You would think the MB will look at their customer base for both service and sales, and filter by those who own a current GT product and send out an invite. The other Stuttgart marquee is really good with this btw.

But you have to realize AM is more about white gloves, bespoke service from the start (dealer dependent but they are all fairly good). They document taste profiles as well internally.
Old 04-26-2024, 01:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2023 Range rover 2022 RAM TRX (bad ass):) - 2023 911 Turbo 2019 Wrangler 2021 E63s Wagon
I wanted back seats as well and that "load compartment package" for 1800$ seems to really reduce space If you get one with back seats, can't they fold down? I can't get golf clubs in the way the 55 I saw was configured and they have the order guide for the 2025 but won't let you actually order it? I can't buy one with the stupid intractable shelf?
Old 04-29-2024, 08:02 PM

Received 66 Likes on 45 Posts
2023 AMG GT 63 S, 2020 F8 Tributo
Got to drive a 63 today, and thought it was a very nice car with pretty good rear storage area. Obviously it’s not a track car, it would be a fun DD GT car. But think it should have slightly better performance numbers for a new car/model. I’m considering one to replace my GT 4 door 63 S, which I’ve found I don’t need the rear seat 99% of the time anymore. Also looking at 992.1, wait list for a 992.2 Turbo S

Old 04-30-2024, 06:16 AM

Received 53 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by Dicecal
Got to drive a 63 today, and thought it was a very nice car with pretty good rear storage area. Obviously it’s not a track car, it would be a fun DD GT car. But think it should have slightly better performance numbers for a new car/model. I’m considering one to replace my GT 4 door 63 S, which I’ve found I don’t need the rear seat 99% of the time anymore. Also looking at 992.1, wait list for a 992.2 Turbo S

I am in a similar position. Was thinking of replacing my GT63 4 door with the 2 door for the same reasons. I haven’t driven one yet, so how is the comfort and quietness?It would be a daily drive for me and I’m primarily on the phone sitting in traffic during my drives.
Old 04-30-2024, 10:05 AM

Received 66 Likes on 45 Posts
2023 AMG GT 63 S, 2020 F8 Tributo
Originally Posted by mkraft3003
I am in a similar position. Was thinking of replacing my GT63 4 door with the 2 door for the same reasons. I haven’t driven one yet, so how is the comfort and quietness?It would be a daily drive for me and I’m primarily on the phone sitting in traffic during my drives.
The comfort seats were as, if not more comfortable than the seats in my GT 4 door. I didn’t care for the ipad like infotainment interface, but that was the only negative for me. I drove it with the exhaust valves open in comfort and S+ and it’s definitely louder then the GT 4 door, with more aggressive shift points ( which I liked)…however with the exhaust valves closed I don’t think you’d have any problems with phone calls.

Overall it would suit my needs, but the 63 is pricey (maybe the 55 makes more sense?) and it’s 0-60 of 3.1 is just hoo hum by today’s standards. Already tired of the ADM and availability games at the Porsche dealerships, so may end up with one.