Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

S500 Detailing Day...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-14-2005, 01:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 BLACK S500 Detailing Day...

I had the opportunity to work on this S500. My goal was to achieve a Liquid Glass Look.

1. Wash:
Meguiar's Gold Class

2. Clay
Top of the Line

It had a tremendous amount of water marks do to sprinklers, however, they were not etched.
Also, the entire car was swirled. It is a Daily Driver in Los Angeles.

3. Polish:

Menzerna FPII - with a meguiar's polishing pad x 2 passes . slightly engaging the head of the PC set on 5. This was my first use of this product and I was absolutely delighted with it's performance. Smooth, and flawless. So easy to use. It does powder, however, toweling off the nieghboring areas of where you are working assists in additional labor. Sprayed the pad every so often to keep it from gumming up (it was a hot day = SoCal Valley Heat). I needed about two passes to completely remove the swirling. The MB paint simply responded beauuuuuuuutifully!

I attempted to use the Menzerna Intesive Polish just to see what result may bring. It was to aggressive for this application. It was creating unecessary marring. I experienced no marring with the FP II.

Added accent:
4. Klasse AIO - Layered the bottom of the car with AIO and selected points around the contour of the car to create contrasts from the sealent and subsequent waxed areas.

5. Sealent:
I used PB EX w/ Canuba as the sealent.

6.LSP:
S100.

The owner was absolutely thrilled at the results. He immediately took it for a spin and came back as if he had just purchased the car. That is such a great feeling to see you responsible for a love reborn.

Before:

After Menzerna FP II:

Final with LSP:

Last edited by CrobarCars; 05-14-2005 at 07:45 AM.
Old 05-14-2005, 04:34 AM

03 E500
Nice job! It made a day and night difference after you detailed it. One thing I like about canuba wax is they way they make black paint look black , that S500 looks really good.

What did you use to get rid of those water spots?

Last edited by Dvinn; 05-14-2005 at 04:37 AM.
Old 05-14-2005, 06:14 AM

Thanks Dvinn. The Menzerna FPII took care of them all. They were not yet etched so there was no wet sanding to be done on this day. This S500 cleaned up so nicely, as I was taking pictures there was a skywriter in the air and I kept getting his tail/trail reflecting on the car, which made it look as if there were scratches!
It was a very bright day which made the paint seem as if it was simply morphing into the various colors of it's surroundings.
Hence the driveway shot to prove it was really a black automobile.