Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

detailing pictures (i thought about off-topic forum, but posted here)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-22-2005, 08:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1998 honda civic lx
Smile detailing pictures (i thought about off-topic forum, but posted here)

I'm home from college for a week before going back for research in the summer and I took on a detailing project with my car and my mom's and brother's cars. I wanted to show what good old turtle wax paste wax can do to restore the look of cars. All I used on these cars is turtle wax paste on the outside after a wash at a public spray-wash place (self-service) then some personal attention to certain stubborn dirt spots at home. Also, I used Mother's Back-to-Black on the black trim and Black Magic Tire Wet on the tires. I used Black Magic interior trim care on the inside of the cars after a thorough interior vacuuming and window-cleaning. I'm really pleased with the results and I was able to surprise my brother and my mom with their newly-cleaned cars.

the first picture is my brother's car (which was in really bad shape before this wax job - hadn't been washed in at least 2 years). the turtle wax and back-to-black really brought it back to life.

the second 2 pictures are my mom's car (a 1990 honda civic) - looks really good for a 1990 huh?!

the last 2 are mine - i wash regularly and wax with turtle paste wax every 6 months. my boyfriend is convinced he'll switch me to liquid wax - i'm not sure about that :p we'll see - he knows his stuff
Attached Thumbnails detailing pictures (i thought about off-topic forum, but posted here)-s-car-1.jpg   detailing pictures (i thought about off-topic forum, but posted here)-s-car-1.jpg   detailing pictures (i thought about off-topic forum, but posted here)-s-car-2.jpg   detailing pictures (i thought about off-topic forum, but posted here)-my-car-1.jpg   detailing pictures (i thought about off-topic forum, but posted here)-my-car-2.jpg  

Last edited by milllx; 05-22-2005 at 08:41 PM.
Old 05-23-2005, 01:13 AM

03 E500
Looks great! I especially like the shine on the 90 Civic, it looked like new after wax.
Old 05-23-2005, 04:06 PM

1998 honda civic lx
Originally Posted by Dvinn
Looks great! I especially like the shine on the 90 Civic, it looked like new after wax.
thanks! i was really impressed with how it shined up too
Old 05-26-2005, 07:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes-Benz w124
here is mine... i say it looks great for it being that color!!!
Attached Thumbnails detailing pictures (i thought about off-topic forum, but posted here)-100_4648.jpg   detailing pictures (i thought about off-topic forum, but posted here)-100_4649.jpg   detailing pictures (i thought about off-topic forum, but posted here)-100_4650.jpg  
Old 05-27-2005, 08:59 AM

1998 honda civic lx
LnkPrkSoldier...that does look really good i'm especially impressed with being able to recognize the tree and the basketball hoop. what do you use to take care of your paint?
Old 05-27-2005, 11:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes-Benz w124
keeping it clean, normal car wash once every 2 weeks, i don' like to use those quick detailers... after that i used meguiars #80 Speed Glaze followed by Nxt Tech Paste wax. the nxt is the best wax i have ever used. this weekend im going to try that michelen brake dust repellent. i get a lot of brake dust of my wheels since they are polished and not clear coated