Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

Mo' Money, Mo' Problems

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-02-2005, 11:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 C240 4Matic
Mo' Money, Mo' Problems

Alrite Guys I'm Back...

So I Went out and bought my Porter Cable, Menzerna & Zaino. I have two black cars (both mildly swirled). And Followed the whole Menzerna then Zaino Process. But I notice almost no reduction in swirls and not deep enough of a shine...so I've got some questions

I'm thinking of going one step further and applying Meg NXT wax after Menzerna and Zaino are applied.

1. Do you rec'md Meg NXT to top off with the Zaino?

2.Which pad do I use in conjuction with my PC in order to apply NXT?

3. Which site do I buy this Pad From?

4. How do I apply the NXT with this pad?

5. Will the NXT help in removing or at least temp hiding swirls?

6. Am I doing something wrong? Anything Im missing? I followed all Menzerna and Zaino Instructions strictly...

Thanks again Guys
Old 06-03-2005, 01:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes-Benz w124
the nxt will not remove swirls. it is not a cleaner wax but just a wax. you don't need a pad to apply the wax, that wont work well. the porter cable is better for removing wax and applying/removing polishes. you should apply nxt by hand with very thin coats. if you use too much, you are just wasting product. i don't know how to explain how much is... so good luck with experimenting. how bad are the swirls? if you show us a picture then i can help you.. but i am more fond of meguiars products so you may/may not like that. and by putting nxt on top of that would seem to be fine. oh and buy the paste wax. people get better results from that. but if you want to get a pad to remove the wax, i recommend getting Meguiars polishing bonnet. or something similar. i forgot the exact name. ill look for it.

If the swirls are very fine then i recommend using meguiars #80 speed glaze. i will need pictures to tell you how agressive of a product you need
Old 06-03-2005, 02:10 AM

2005 C240 4Matic
Originally Posted by LnkPrkSoldier
the nxt will not remove swirls. it is not a cleaner wax but just a wax. you don't need a pad to apply the wax, that wont work well. the porter cable is better for removing wax and applying/removing polishes. you should apply nxt by hand with very thin coats. if you use too much, you are just wasting product. i don't know how to explain how much is... so good luck with experimenting. how bad are the swirls? if you show us a picture then i can help you.. but i am more fond of meguiars products so you may/may not like that. and by putting nxt on top of that would seem to be fine. oh and buy the paste wax. people get better results from that. but if you want to get a pad to remove the wax, i recommend getting Meguiars polishing bonnet. or something similar. i forgot the exact name. ill look for it.

If the swirls are very fine then i recommend using meguiars #80 speed glaze. i will need pictures to tell you how agressive of a product you need
Thanks Man, Will Post Pics of all the swirls and all my cars tommorow
Old 06-03-2005, 11:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes-Benz w124
np each one teach one once you get into detailing, its hard to get out of it.