Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

A flawless black finish.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-20-2002, 12:14 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Fast Cars!
AlBoston -

Your car looks great.

Mine looked just like that a month ago when i used 3 coats Meguairs gold calss wax and then the next day put the swirl remover on. I made a mistake oneday when i first got the swirl remover. I Put the swirl remover on the hood then wiped it off. And then i put a coat of meguairs wax and it cpmpletly got blury looking and was almost impossible to take off. and when it was off it was so foggy looking.

I have to order Zaino soon.
Old 07-20-2002, 12:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Mercedes-Benz
Originally posted by BlackC230Coupe
AlBoston -

Your car looks great.

Mine looked just like that a month ago when i used 3 coats Meguairs gold calss wax and then the next day put the swirl remover on. I made a mistake oneday when i first got the swirl remover. I Put the swirl remover on the hood then wiped it off. And then i put a coat of meguairs wax and it cpmpletly got blury looking and was almost impossible to take off. and when it was off it was so foggy looking.

I have to order Zaino soon.
hmm, i dont think it was the wax that made it hazy/blurry but rather the swirl remover. You can't just wipe on and wipe off a swirl remover, u have to work it into the paint until it practically buffs itself off. Wiping a swirl remover on like a wax will create hollogramming or hazing. Zaino will not fix that. You must use a swirl remover with a buffer for best results. I do not recommend attempting swirl remover by hand.
Old 07-20-2002, 01:00 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Fast Cars!
Originally posted by AlBoston

hmm, i dont think it was the wax that made it hazy/blurry but rather the swirl remover. You can't just wipe on and wipe off a swirl remover, u have to work it into the paint until it practically buffs itself off. Wiping a swirl remover on like a wax will create hollogramming or hazing. Zaino will not fix that. You must use a swirl remover with a buffer for best results. I do not recommend attempting swirl remover by hand.

I might have said it wrong when i said i put the swirl remover on then wiped it off. I let it sit for a while then i wiped it off and it came off very very easy.