Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

******* threw ketchup, mustard, and pickle on hood at McDonalds today...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-25-2005, 01:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
03 C32 AMG
******* threw ketchup, mustard, and pickle on hood at McDonalds today...

My Rant:
I was at McDonalds eating today while running errands, i left my car there for a while, came back and got it, then drove home. When i got back i noticed a pickle, ketchup and mustard on the hood. I had noticed three scrawny redneck looking guys in some tiny rusted out p.o.s. ford that were looking at me strangely, one had his window down, but didnt think anything of it. Apparently, one didnt like pickles on his hamburger, decided my life was better than his, and thought he'd express his frustration about both by casually flinging the pickle onto my hood. Its a really good thing i didnt see it while i was at McDonalds, or i'd be in jail right now and in need of a new tire iron because of breaking the old one over that trailer trash, welfare mooching, missed abortion candidate's head. Probably wouldnt have done much harm though, judging from the position he was in he was in, he has probably never used it before in his life. Its ok though, he's probably going to have to cut back on cigarettes, beer, nascar paraphernalia and **** videos to be able to buy christmas presents this year, so i guess payback's coming even though i coudnt dish out any.

My Question:
Will ketchup, mustard, or pickle harm the paint on my hood? I know some foods are really acidic and can mess paint up. If they are going to do something, do you think its bad enough to file a vandalism claim with my insurance company?

Last edited by King320; 11-25-2005 at 01:13 PM.
Old 11-25-2005, 01:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'03 Yukon XL Denali, '06 Eclipse GS
Sorry to hear about the incident. I know how you feel.

Before filing a claim, wash the car thoroughly, clay, and wax the hood. If there is indeed some damage still after, then go ahead and file a report.
Old 11-25-2005, 01:35 PM

'99 E430
Originally Posted by King320
My Question:
Will ketchup, mustard, or pickle harm the paint on my hood? I know some foods are really acidic and can mess paint up. If they are going to do something, do you think its bad enough to file a vandalism claim with my insurance company?
No. It would have sit there for awhile to do real damage. The pickle impact would do more immediate damage, small scratches etc. Nothing worth filing a claim over.
Old 11-27-2005, 11:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
2005 S500 4-Matic, 1978 450SL
Aggravating, of course. I have thought that some door dings i have received over the years were deliberate as well.

But look at this poor guy, and count your blessings.

https://mbworld.org/forums/detailing-automotive-care/53061-paint-all-over-interior.html
Old 12-01-2005, 10:22 AM

03 w203
I'd take the pickle/ketchup/mustard anyday over that spray paint mishap.

Even though he came up on interior upgrade for a $100 deductible????

Count your blessings is right.
Old 12-01-2005, 10:27 AM
Out Of Control!!

In the market
Very impressive rant!
Old 12-01-2005, 10:28 AM
Out Of Control!!

In the market
It kind of made me want a hamburger with pickles, ketchup, and mustard
Old 12-01-2005, 10:37 AM

'04 c230 SS, '06 RR supercharge sport, '06 z4 M Roadster
Originally Posted by MBE55AMG
Sorry to hear about the incident. I know how you feel.

Before filing a claim, wash the car thoroughly, clay, and wax the hood. If there is indeed some damage still after, then go ahead and file a report.
I agree with MBE55AMG.

I really don't see any need to make it worse and leave the mustard in or spray paint like others have mentioned.

It's really not worth the hassle of making it worse. Plus, who knows...most likely those guys have no insurance or no means of paying for the repairs.

Yes, they did a horrible thing, but no you shouldn't lower yourself and make it worse.
Old 12-09-2005, 02:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
03 C32 AMG
Yeh i was just really mad after that incident. It did nothing to the paint and shortly after posting this i saw where VelocitE55 (i think thats his name) got assaulted in his CLS so i dont feel like its a big deal anymore.