Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

still having problems with removing wax !!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-08-2006, 10:17 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
K Car
Originally Posted by Jayhawk
I would say it is time to sell all of that stock you must hold in Dawn. The Dow is at near-record highs at this moment, and you could make a fortune!
That's funny.... I actually DO hold stock in P&G!
Old 05-08-2006, 10:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S500/W220/2000
Originally Posted by revstriker
That's funny.... I actually DO hold stock in P&G!
That's definitely a conflict of interest!
Attached Thumbnails still having problems with removing wax !!-you-r-banned.jpg  
Old 05-16-2006, 05:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

One with 4 wheels
And so far still no good advice on how to remove my spots.....
Old 05-16-2006, 07:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S500/W220/2000
Originally Posted by TA-9FF
From what I have read around the forums, you may just have to wait it out. I know it is not very satisfactory, but time and the elements will often take care of those nasty spots. Short of replacing the spotted materials that may be your only option. I'm no expert so please take you problems and questions to a professional forum. I recomend Autopia and DetailersClub.

Good luck!
Old 05-16-2006, 11:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'03 W211 aka E-500
Originally Posted by TA-9FF
Sounds to me (not an expert) like the wax dried on the car creating something similar to a water spot (i.e.-liquid acts as a magnifiying glass on your paint mulitplying the sun's negative effects and in essence 'etching' into your finish and leaving a mineralization behind).

I would suggest highly a dawn, clay bar, re-wash, Z-1, and Z-2 (multiple coats) cycle to rectify the situation.

As for your window/breaker bar thingie liner thingamajig a bob with the above posted photograph, please know that that type of trim is usually not metal but plastic. You will need a plastic polish, but keep in mind that now that it is cloudy, you may not be able to regain the shine it once held. And now that it has been damaged, it will no longer have a protective coating on it so it will require waxing to remain luster if you ever are able to get it back.

Best of luck, let us know how it turns out. Updated pix would be appreciated.

EDJ

Last edited by ElDiabloJoe; 05-16-2006 at 11:35 PM.
Old 05-20-2006, 04:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

One with 4 wheels
Niiiice

Originally Posted by Jayhawk
From what I have read around the forums, you may just have to wait it out. I know it is not very satisfactory, but time and the elements will often take care of those nasty spots. Short of replacing the spotted materials that may be your only option. I'm no expert so please take you problems and questions to a professional forum. I recomend Autopia and DetailersClub.

Good luck!
Jayhawk, I took your suggestion, and it worked! Nothing like time and the elements to take those spots right off. The temps down here in Dallas, TX has been in the 90's, and I'm assuming the heat essentially broke down the crap, which made it easy for it to be removed. LOL. Pics of the removed spots coming soon!

Good tips dude!