Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

How do u clean the Arm Rest.... Is it vinal or plastic? it looks terrible!!!!!

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 08-16-2002, 11:07 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Fast Cars!
Angry How do u clean the Arm Rest.... Is it vinal or plastic? it looks terrible!!!!!

I was cleaning the inside of my C230 coupe yesturday and i was wiping everthing down inside and saw on the arm rest a small white spot so i wiped it with a damp cloth and it got worse there is now a 3-4 inch circle with a very noticable white outline to it. And its on a black arm rest. It looks terrible. I tried using soap and water and i did not have anything else so i used meguairs leather cleaner, i know its not leather but i has taken out some scuff marks on plasic or vinal surfaces for me. So my question is is the arm rest a vinal or a plastic? and what can i use to make it look normal again, It some how made my small whitish mark on there a circle 2 times as white as it used to be. And it now feels like a completly different texture then the rest of it, almost like rubber and not how it feels next to it like slipery.

What can i use to clean it?

thanks for your help. ANYONE!