Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

ANY one in Orlando?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-20-2006, 05:08 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ANY one in Orlando?

I want to strip the wax and do everything with zaino...but i'm scared i'll ruin the paint job, is there anyone in orlando who can help me out or "supervise" ?? I've read all the threads about it but I"m still a lil bit worried i'll do more damage then good, i had my car waxed but the messed it up big time so i have to do it all over again
Old 06-20-2006, 06:02 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
K Car
Not in Orlando but....

You should have no fear on stripping the wax off of your car, and applying Zaino. If you read the very detailed instructions on the website, you will see just how easy it is.

I would recommend that you wash the car with Dawn, and then clay the car. Get a spray bottle and fill it with water and Z7 Car wash soap (see website for correct ratio). Spray an area about 3x3 ft liberally and just rub the clay bar over it. The clay should glide on the surface. If it sticks, just spray a little more solution. You will be able to feel when the surface is smooth. Once done, wash with regular car wash soap (Z7), and then apply your Zaino (Z1 and then Z2, or Z2 with ZFX).

It takes a little time, but it's very easy to work with.
Old 06-20-2006, 07:19 PM
Out Of Control!!

jst out of curiosity if i do this, and do everything wrong, what's the worst out come?
Old 06-20-2006, 10:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2004 C32 ///AMG
Originally Posted by harpz
jst out of curiosity if i do this, and do everything wrong, what's the worst out come?
there will be scratches all over your paint
Old 06-21-2006, 12:52 AM
Out Of Control!!

K Car
As rlee02135 said, you can scratch your paint. But of course, you run the same risk by not washing your car correctly.

The procedure for claying, washing, polishing your car is extremely simple, and has a very low risk of causing any damage. If you take 2 minutes to read the instructions, and then follow them, you will have no issues.
Old 06-21-2006, 08:59 AM
Out Of Control!!

oh ok, i did visit the Zaino website and it does seem very simple, jst worried...my friend did some waxing and polishing on his car and it came out really bad, cost him a couple hundred to fix...I'll take your word for it...is there a certain time i shoudl do it? if it's really humid outside or very hot don't do it? sorry really stupid q's i understand but newb at this
Old 06-21-2006, 10:41 AM
Out Of Control!!

K Car
oh ok, i did visit the Zaino website and it does seem very simple, jst worried...my friend did some waxing and polishing on his car and it came out really bad, cost him a couple hundred to fix...I'll take your word for it...is there a certain time i shoudl do it? if it's really humid outside or very hot don't do it? sorry really stupid q's i understand but newb at this
The heat and humidity will affect the drying times, but will not affect the results. As with any product, it's best to apply when the surface is not hot, and in the shade if possible. Living here in Texas, we normally don't see temps much below 95 degrees here during the day. I have applied Zaino in this and even hotter temperatures without an issue. We don't normally have high humidity, but this should only affect your drying time; it may take a little longer than normal to dry.
Old 06-21-2006, 01:37 PM
Out Of Control!!

oh ok, thnx alot guys I'll try it soon as i get the chance