Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

Zaino Is Awesome!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-05-2006, 01:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'03 W211 aka E-500
Originally Posted by jquickshot
Thanks EDJ for this thread. I ordered the Zaino kit before my car arrived last weekend and applied the first coat yesterday. I am very pleased with the ease of the process and the results after one coat of Z2 and Z6.

Here are a few pics of my 2007 CLK350 Cab.
Bummer Bro, pix didn't post
Glad you liked the stuff as much as I do

EDJ
Old 08-05-2006, 08:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 CLK350 Cab
Pics

Sorry! I had already posted the pictures in the "CLK (W209) Picture Thread" so it didn't attach them.
Old 08-16-2006, 09:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C 230K Coupé
For all those who are still interested, I just finished applied ZPC according to the directions posted above with a Port Cable.
It was my first time using an orbital buffer but it was very simple with ZPC. I know it's a milder abrasive compared to Manzerna and that's mainly why I chose it (better be safe for the first time).
The results were pretty good overall. The paint is shining right now even though I haven't applied Z5 or Z2 yet (doing that tomorrow). One of the big surprises was that it got rid of large noticeable scratches almost instantaneously! I had a large scratch and a scuff mark on the rear fender and bumper and ZPC took them out with ease. It also took out all the swirl marks if there were any (pretty hard to see them on a white car).
On the other hand, ZPC doesn't do that good of a job with very fine scratches. Upon really close inspection I could still see traces of little fine scratches on the paint. It definitelly made them less noticeable but they are still there.
I'm still very happy with my first time polish job. The car is glowing and I haven't even applied a sealant! Z5 and Z2 are going on it first thing tomorrow morning and I can't wait to see the results.