Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

Seat Belt

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-07-2006, 09:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S 430
Seat Belt

My girlfriend tonight brought to my attention how dirty my seat belt is..I have java interior...has anyone detailed their seat belts...what type of solution and what is the best technique not to destroy the rest of the car...also some of the upholstry above the windows are dirty just from the windows being down over the years..any ideas...thanks
Old 08-11-2006, 12:22 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'84 380 SL/ '02 XK8
Seat Belts:
Clean seat belts with a Woolite™/distilled water solution, for spot stains use a fabric cleaner (303 Cleaner & Spot Remover ™)

Pull the belts from the retractor and gently close the door on the belt, clean and allow to air dry before opening the door and retracting the belt. Do not use bleach or strong detergents, or dye on the seat belts as this may severely weaken them and render them ineffective in a crash.
Caution: You can be severely injured or killed in a car crash unless you wear a seat belt, even if the vehicle is fitted with air bags. They are supplemental restrains only and will not deploy under all accident circumstances. Always use seat belts and seat children only in the rear, using restraint and seat belts systems appropriate for their size and age.
Old 09-10-2006, 05:33 AM

Also when cleaning the belts, take the time to inspect them for damage and security of attachment.
Make sure they have no abrasions or cuts on them (like if they were caught in the door once)
Old 09-12-2006, 04:17 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by TOGWT
Seat Belts:
Clean seat belts with a Woolite™/distilled water solution, for spot stains use a fabric cleaner (303 Cleaner & Spot Remover ™)
+1 for 303 Cleaner & Spot Remover. The nice thing about 303 C&SR is its safe to use on virtually your entire interior. It's a great product to use on vinyl, rubber, leather (cleaning not conditioning), plastic, carpets, upholstery, convertible tops, and as an engine degreaser (although you may want a stronger product for built up contamination). This product is ready to go out of the bottle as it is pre-diluted. For a full strength concentrate for tougher stains or to maximize your value, look into 303 Fabric Cleaner, formerly known as 303 Aerospace Cleaner. It is the same exact product as 303 C&SR in a concentrated form. We suggest using the Fabric Cleaner at a 8:1 (water:concentrate) ratio for interior cleaning and going stronger as needed.

Let me know if you have any other questions regarding the 303 line of products.

Sincerely,

George @ Detailed Image