Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

rain-x and zymol wash and wax ???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-16-2006, 06:40 AM
M.J

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E-240 2000 , E-240 2001 , CLS350 2006
rain-x and zymol wash and wax ???

did any of you guys tried that before ???? i just use it and i don't think it help with the water beading ??? and any idea about zymol wash and wax ?????
Old 11-16-2006, 09:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 E500
Good Morning M.J.

Depending on which version, the Zymol Wash and Wax is one of the better soaps out there. HOWEVER, it does contain a good amount of coconut and other oils that do the following 1) make the car harder to dry 2) prevents a good layer of wax to be laid.

I still have about 3/4's of a gallon of it, but will only use it if I plan not to wax after washing. It's only a wash though; don't mistake it for a wax. It will not help water bead more effectively alone.

As for the Rain-X product, they now have a large line. I wasn't impressed with the wax, and the windshield product is a PITA to apply and remove.

I hope that helped answer some of your questions.

Do yourself a favor and pick up some quality products from our forum sponsor, www.detailedimage.com. Don't forget we get a 10% discount too by being here.
Old 11-16-2006, 09:54 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I think the Rain-X works but there is other options that typically get better results. The Rain Clear Gel works great at forcing moisture to bead up very fine.

We have some great shampoos that have conditioners in them that make washing easier. One of my favorite shampoos is the Poorboy's World Super Slick and Suds (SSS). Then I apply a sealant and/or wax, let me know if you'd like a recommendation.

If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to post here.

Greg @ Detailed Image