Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

Paid for Interior/Exterior seal + Clearbra from Dealer

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-27-2006, 12:03 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Paid for Interior/Exterior seal + Clearbra from Dealer

We just picked up our 2007 Silver e63- and being the potential suckers that we are, while at the dealership, we opted to purchase the interior and exterior sealant, called the "Ibex Surface Protection System", as well as the clear bra, or "3M Roadblock Paint Protection Film." We 'hammered' the salesperson for a really good deal, though (yeah, right).

We're scheduled to bring the car in tomorrow to have the sealants and clearbra applied. Should we run in and demand our money back, or are we okay? I'm curious to hear opinions.

Also, FYI, although I used to be a huge Zaino fan and avid DIY detailer, but I won't have the ability to take care of the exterior myself, which means touchfree car washes, and frequent paid detailings.

Last edited by AMGrateful; 11-27-2006 at 12:09 AM.
Old 11-27-2006, 12:17 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2023 AMG EQE 53 4MATIC+, Tesla Model Y
I think a well-applied clear bra is a good investment. I have never heard of IBEX before.
Old 11-27-2006, 11:09 AM

2003 E500
The clearbra is a great choice, and may not be too noticeable on the silver color.

However, the sealants are a scam. In many cases, it is a service/protection plan, not a permanent thing. Typically you bring the car in for service, and they reapply the products. Nothing like that is everlasting. So since you have "buyers remorse" over the stuff, how much did they let it go?
Old 11-27-2006, 11:47 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I agree with Nick the clear bra is a good investment generally. However sometimes they sell the sealant like its some permanent protection. There protection is often over hyped and no better then Zaino or other sealants from what I have seen and read about. Therefore its not bad to get the sealant on the vehicle assuming its a reasonable price.

Greg @ Detailed Image
Old 12-01-2006, 05:39 PM
Almost a Member!

Thanks for the input all- we've decided to get the Clearbra applied on Monday - the car is being detailed for the first time right now. I'll make a new post with the results of the detail!
Old 12-01-2006, 05:59 PM
Almost a Member!

1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
One of my customers has the clear bra on all his cars and I think it's a good investment.
Old 12-08-2006, 10:05 AM

2003 E500
I wouldn't suggest using an abbrasive polish via machine over the clearbra though.