Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

How often do you clean your car in the winter???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-07-2006, 10:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C3Twon AWD Jumpofffff
How often do you clean your car in the winter???

My car is filthy right now, i have washed it and waxed it many times before the first snow fall. Anyways my question is that my car is very dirty right now and i can tell there is a lot of salt on it. I dont really like automatic car washes i usually perfer to do it myself but it is way to cold out right now here in upstate ny.... I know they do have the touchless automatic ones i think i might have to roll through one of those sometime. I cant wait to wash and wax my car again when i get back home for X'mas break. So how often do you wash your car in the winter? if so do you guys go thru automatic ones???? thanx

i figure that after winter i'll just have my car clayed, waxed, and buffed
Old 12-08-2006, 09:48 AM

2003 E500
Well, Atlanta just dropped into the "teens" for the first time of the season.

When it comes to detailing, I'm a fanatic!! I recently sold my detailing business, but still avidly keep it up as a hobby now. Even when cold, I still shoot for a wash every 10-14 days with warm (not hot) water from inside the house.

That being said, Georgia doesn't have the roadsalt my good friends up north do. Do you have the local "spray and wash" bays in the area? I have heard that this is what many will do up north during this time of year.

Best of luck to you, and stay warm!

Nick
Old 12-08-2006, 01:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C3Twon AWD Jumpofffff
Ya theres a buncha places up here where you put in quarters and u can spray and wash your car. I dk if there open 24 hours tho. I think some of them are. Its just that i will only use those to spray my undercarriage n wheels, etc. They do have a brush for you to scrub your car but it is usually very dirty from all the red necks that scrub ur trucks after they go offroading. I've tried the spray once its not bad b/c it has really good pressure. I just spray the car and spray with the soap and spray it off again. But this was prior winter if i do that now it'll just freeze.... i think i will just hit up a touchless car wash joint this weekend.... my car is salty!!! and its freezing out
Old 12-08-2006, 08:43 PM
Out Of Control!!

Originally Posted by BlackLiquorish8
My car is filthy right now, i have washed it and waxed it many times before the first snow fall. Anyways my question is that my car is very dirty right now and i can tell there is a lot of salt on it. I dont really like automatic car washes i usually perfer to do it myself but it is way to cold out right now here in upstate ny.... I know they do have the touchless automatic ones i think i might have to roll through one of those sometime. I cant wait to wash and wax my car again when i get back home for X'mas break. So how often do you wash your car in the winter? if so do you guys go thru automatic ones???? thanx

i figure that after winter i'll just have my car clayed, waxed, and buffed
once every 1 or 2 weeks, or If i have an important meeting car gets washed. I use the touchless the fully loaded one with all the pretty colours...lol...what colour is your car?

I have an orange cobalt I had a midnight blue C 230 that was once a week! if not more!!

Automatics v. Freezing your hands of....auto!
lol
Old 12-09-2006, 11:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C3Twon AWD Jumpofffff
ya i figure winter is gonna mess up my paint neways so i'm just gonna hit up the auto ones the touchless ones for now atleast untill i go back to LI and its warm enuff i can wash it maybe?? lol i'm just gonna have my car fully detailed when winter is over
Old 12-15-2006, 09:05 AM

2003 E500
Hey, I hear it's "mild" in NY this week