Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

Boar's hair brush or microfiber wash mitt?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-31-2006, 02:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'03 ML500, '07 E350 Sport (wife's)
Question Boar's hair brush or microfiber wash mitt?

Just bought my 03 ML500 and it needs a bath after the recent rain. It's black opal and will often need to be bathed, I assume. Our E350 is going to be flint gray. Both are dark and would like to keep them in pristine shape. I've used microfiber wash mitts before but have been interested in the boar's hair brushes. I need to buy new supplies. Which would be preferred? Is it worth the cost? Being a bit of a klutz, I worry about the hard handle hitting the body. Any good sources? I'll also be buying some new microfiber towels for drying and a wash bucket with the dirt guard. Thx.
Old 01-01-2007, 01:36 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You can find many high quality detailing supplies at DetailedImage.com which all MBWorld members get 10% off of (use the code "10offMBW"). I'm the owner and you can feel free to ask me any questions. Boar's hair are known to be one of the safer tools to use when detailing, while we don't carry them at this time. I personally wash with a Sheepskin Wash Mitt, which I find to be very effective and safe. To read more about washing safely read our How To Wash and Dry section.

Our site also has some real high quality microfiber towels that are perfect for detailing. We are giving away a FREE ultra plush microfiber towel with every order over $50 in the month of January and we're giving away some free five packs of ultra plush microfiber towels if you just sign up for the FREE give-away.

If you need a recomendation for wheel care, paint protection, leather, interior care, etc. please let me know and I'd be happy to give you some information on what options are available. Thanks for posting and I look forward to hearing from you.

Greg @ Detailed Image
Old 01-04-2007, 10:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S550, C36 AMG, 911 Turbo
I have the boars hair brush, except I prefer the sheepskin wash mitt. For the cost of one brush you could buy 5 mitts and just keep replacing them. Lots of the hair fell out of my $40 brush after only ten washes.