Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

Besy way and products to clean interior fabric

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-06-2007, 11:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK 550
Besy way and products to clean interior fabric

On the clk, there is a fabric like material at the bottom of the door. I manage to hit it with my foot almost everytime I get out of the car, so it's starting to get pretty soiled. Any recommedations on products and methods to clean it? I don't ever recall seeing fabric cleaner in the strore...
Old 01-07-2007, 10:25 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
'84 380 SL/ '02 XK8
Between these four cleaners you should be able to remove 99% of stains occurring in the interior of a vehicle and around the home –
(a) 303™ Rug / Upholstery Cleaner & Spot Remover
(b) P21S Total Auto Wash (a citrus-based all purpose cleaner (APC)
(c) Woolite® Heavy Traffic Carpet Foam or Hoover Deep Cleansing Carpet/Upholstery Detergent
(d) Folex Instant Carpet Spot Remover

I would try Folex as its probably most easily available
Old 01-08-2007, 10:26 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I would highly recommend the 303 Cleaner and Spot Remover as TOGWT recommended. Its very good on fabrics and it can be used on the dashboard, doors, arm rests etc as well. Its safe and easy to use and you get great results. For the fabric I would spray the area down with the stains and take a damp brush and lightly work the stain in multiple directions. Then a light vacuum or wipe down is a good last step.

Greg @ Detailed Image
Old 01-29-2007, 05:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
interior

Ihave had good results with a product called Blue Magic carpet spot removal. It comes from Target and cost around 4 dollars. The best thing about it i think is you dont have to vacuum afterwards. I also use it on carpet stains for the home also . I would highly recommend it and if you need a leather cleaner, Blue Magic also makes one that works quite well.