Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

Griot's Garage?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-17-2002, 03:16 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 SL500
Griot's Garage?

I was wondering about the quality of Griot's products (www.griotsgarage.com)

The package I want includes:
"The Collection includes our Yellow Wash Bucket; Boar's Hair Brush or Sheepskin Wash Mitt; Griot's Garage Best of Show Wax®, Paint Cleaning Clay, Fine Hand Polish, Vinyl & Rubber Dressing, Car Wash, Interior Cleaner, Wheel Cleaner, Speed Shine®, Window Cleaner and 4 Finest Sprayers; 50 Lint Free Windshield Towels; 2 Three Finger Detail Mitts, 2 Blue Detail Sponges, 4 Cotton Polishing Pads, 1 Foam Wax Pad, 10 Cotton Polishing Cloths and your choice of 2 Dry Towels, Synthetic Chamois, or a real Chamois!"

Should I consider any other brand products? or is their stuff just as good/better....keep in mind I would like the best for my car, thanks
Old 09-17-2002, 07:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
93 300E
I have used griot's garage's products, and I like them, but my honest opinion is that Meguiar's has better products for a better price.

www.meguiars.com

Click on Car Care Collections. The Concours collection is a good buy, without the power polishing machine, goes for $109. You can add the products that come with the Griots collection, like a bucket.

Meguiar's also has a collection that is in their catalog but not on the website, called the New Paint Collection that comes with just about everything, including a bucket for $89.95.

You can also call them at 800.545.3321
Old 09-17-2002, 08:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

digital, since you have an SL500, go to your sales rep and ask for this. Since you spent so much, they ought to give it to you. The products are re-labled Meguiars items.
Old 09-17-2002, 08:31 PM

93 300E
That's right.

Meguiar's not only bottles the car care products for Mercedes, BMW, General Motors, etc, but they also act as a consultant to most of the carmakers around the world on paint quality and paint correction issues in their assembly plants and at the dealership level.

In fact, all BMW cars are buffed out with Meguiar's products before they leave the assembly paint to take out any paint defects such as orange peel, etc.

My guess is, though, that it'd probably be cheaper to buy Meguiar's products instead of the MB label because your not paying dealer prices.
Old 09-18-2002, 03:57 PM
Almost a Member!

2003 SL500
Thiking about getting the "THE CENTENNIAL COLLECTION"

Should I?
Old 09-18-2002, 04:08 PM

93 300E
Yeah, it's a good kit.

If you do, I'd spend the extra money and get the kit with the dual action polisher with the video. It's a machine made by Portal Cable and very high quality.

The cheaper kit comes with a plastic orbital polisher, and it's the plastic, cheap kind like you'd buy at a Wal-Mart.

You're going to love the results of using the Gold Class Wax. I compared it to Zaino, and it produced the deepest shine.
Old 09-18-2002, 04:11 PM
Almost a Member!

2003 SL500
sug...can U go on aim?

my aim is digiosity

I still have a few questions, Im kinda scared of dropping 350 dollars on a car care kit
Old 09-18-2002, 04:25 PM

93 300E
I have no idea what 'aim' is.

e-mail me right now at:

suginami@hotmail.com

I'll give you my cell # and you can call me right away.

We both live in Southern California, so we can't be that far away from each other.
Old 09-18-2002, 05:26 PM

93 300E
I got your e-mail and replied back with my cell #.

Did you get it?

You can also e-mail me your tel # and I can call you.

It'd be much easier over the phone.