Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

Finesse It by 3M

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-17-2002, 09:44 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 E320 4Matic
Finesse It by 3M

AlBoston - Where does 3M Finesse It fit in your car care kit? How is it used in relation to or in place of DACP #83 and Swirl Remover #9 or 3M Imperial Hand Glaze? 3M also makes Perfect It. I have these in my garage and have used them by hand on my boat. I just got my PC polisher today and will try it first on my daughter's car and wanted to know if I could use these products.
Thanks for your input and for moderating such a great forum.
Nick
Old 09-17-2002, 10:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 C240 Classic - Orion Blue Beast!!
Finesse it and DACP are of equal abrasiveness. Al likes DACP better because it is easier to work with. I personally have never used DACP, I'm very happy with FI by PC.

As for SMR #9 and hand glaze:

SMR #9 is a VERY mild abrasive with alot of oils and fillers. I would avoid it. 3M imperial hand glaze is just a glaze. It has no abrasives in it. It will not remove any swirl marks. All it will do is fill them in temporarily. It's junk.

Perfect it is slightly less abrasive than FI but more abrasive than SMR. It has no oils or fillers.

Start with perfect it, and work your way to DACP or FI if necessary.