Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

Best Polishing Pads

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 04:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best Polishing Pads

I have been using Lake country Pads for a long time now, recently bought their new cool foam pads. Was curious to know if you guys use any other pads, i heard of an Edge pad. But i never tried it. What do you guys use? and whats the consensus on the lake country ccs pads. Thanks Guys
Old 04-16-2007, 05:21 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I really like Lake Country line and have been proud to use them personally and professionally. They put a lot of time and effort in to their designs and are great to work with. I think the CCS pad line is overall a good idea. The basic concept is to create little pockets for the polish to stay in so the pad can continuously distribute the polish. I think this helps work the polish in for longer and does make distributing it easier. Since part of the pad is recessed it does decrease the friction you can create when polishing, which is a slight downside. I think it may have its biggest benefits when you use it during polishing. When applying glazes, sealants or waxes I don't see any noticeable benefits. Overall I think it some slight advantages to flat pads and slight disadvantages. In summary it comes down to personal preference if they are worth the extra money but I don't think there is large differences between the pads overall.

As for other brands I've heard some good reviews from the Edge pads. Overall it's a high quality product that seems to very well. I think comparing Lake Country and Edge pads side by side would be a great experiment. I have heard and experienced incidents of faulty products, which they responded to very quickly. I was pleased with their product and service.

There are some other good brands out there but these are probably two of the most popular and higher quality pads out there. These are just my opinions of the pads and other users may have different experiences that are equally valid. I'd be interested to hear some other people's opinions, especially those who have tried both.

Greg @ Detailed Image