Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

Zaino - Z9 & Z10 Leather Products

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-02-2007, 10:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2006 SL600, 2001 S500, 1996 SL320
Zaino - Z9 & Z10 Leather Products

Tried the Z9 and Z10 products from ZAINO. Again I have to say there products are GREAT. Very happy with the results.
Old 12-29-2007, 10:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by StephenK
Tried the Z9 and Z10 products from ZAINO. Again I have to say there products are GREAT. Very happy with the results.
I just used them and it seemed that my leather felt stiffer. . .? Does this make sense? The look great and smell great but it seemed somewhat odd to me. . .?

Car is an 06 R350 with black leather.
Old 12-30-2007, 10:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 SL600, 2001 S500, 1996 SL320
That is

That is strange I did not notice that on mine, they are good at responding to questions, go to zainobros.com and send them an email and see what they say.
Old 12-31-2007, 11:18 PM

2008 F-250, 2007 GL450
Love that Z-10. I've got Tex because of durability and ease of care. It even looks good. It's only negative was that it didn't smell like leather. Now I get the best of both worlds.
Old 01-02-2008, 08:11 AM

'84 380 SL/ '02 XK8
Leather Care / Cleaning / Maintenance–my first question when asked for recommendations on leather care / maintenance is; what kind of leather finish is it? There are three main types: finished Natural (Uncovered) polyurethane Covered and Unfinished (Nubuck)

Before using a leather care product a detailer needs to know the material they are working on, and wither the product chosen is compatible with the material and will not damage it. Diagnosis is the key, not guess work. Before deciding on what products to use you need to ascertain what type of leather finish you have and wither the pigmented leather has a polyurethane covering, or is (un-coated) finished natural leather, as the cleaning / maintenance varies as to type; although they all require a water-based product to maintain hydration (a suede type leather like Nubuck is the exception).

Automotive leather care is a subject surrounded with misinformation and myth, products such as leather (Saddle) soaps, oil-based Conditioners, Neats-foot oil, and Hide Food still prevail as top sellers, albeit most are made for equestrian tack, in a market that is dominated by pigmented leather with an acrylic polythene protective covering; which are very different leathers with completely differing care requirements. The exact reason why this is the case is unclear. It’s possible that there is an association with old world quality, i.e. leather upholstery and burl wood interiors, with these types of products, despite the fact that the automotive industry has been using polyurethane covered pigmented leather for many years.

I would like to share the knowledge / experience gained to help dispel the hype and myths surrounding automotive leather care / maintenance; we all need to continually learn, and share what we learn about products and changing processes. As things change; we need to change along with them.

Basic Leather care - http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...ther-care.html
Old 01-06-2008, 10:29 PM

Mazda RX-7 and Mazda b2200 Full custom
Awesome! ive always wondered how well the Zaino leather treatment works. Iam goin to have to purchase it next order, I use there polishes on all the cars i detail on the regular and it works GREAT!