Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

Bannana Wax & color magic

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-06-2007, 03:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OO7 CLS63///G55TANK ///S80-T6///R1///R6
Bannana Wax & color magic

Ive been using the bannana wax regularly on my blk cls but I tried the color magic , which is a blk liquid wax which can only be used on a blk car and the outcome is amazing. nics shine and decrease in swirl marks. Has anyone tried this and How often should I wax the car? I heard 3m makes a very good, hard to find wax. What top of the line waxxes do u guys use?

Last edited by SAMSSONZ; 05-06-2007 at 03:27 AM.
Old 05-30-2007, 07:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
06 CLS55 w/ P030, 05 Jag S Type R, 05 TBird-68 Dodge Charger R/T-440 w/4speed I'm original owner
After my weekly washing (or sooner) I can't stop adoring my CLS 55. I just apply a thin layer of cannuba wax with a spray bottle of distilled water to cut or thin it --whole car less than 30 min. The results are amazing and I have another opportunity to admire my CLS.

BTW--I use cannuba wax from 3d products along with their fantastic wash n wax car soap. Check them out at:

http://www.3dproducts.com
Old 06-01-2007, 10:35 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have used many different waxes

But to truly get the best protection, you should not thin the carnuba wax. By doing that you are minimizing the amount of protection that the wax provides. I gained a better understanding from reading this article. This site has a wealth of information.

The waxes I have used are Blitz wax, P21 S, and am looking forward to trying FMJ from Menzerna.

If you enjoy having a beautiful car (which you do) that turns heads, it takes plenty of time and effort, but the results are stunning.

I hope this helps.
Old 06-01-2007, 12:26 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Some of my favorite carnauba waxes are Pinnacle Souveran Paste Wax, P21S Carnauba Wax and the Poorboy's World Natty's Blue Paste Wax.

For pure sealants I really like the Menzerna Full Molecular Jacket and the Poorboy's World EX-P.

If you want a chemical polish and sealant in one then the Klasse All In One (AIO) and the Poorboy's World Polish with Sealant are great.

There are a lot of variables that affect which product I select for a particular detail but these are some of my top choices. If you want to read more about the differences between sealants and waxes you can read our Detailing Guide.

Greg @ Detailed Image
Old 06-01-2007, 06:57 PM

cls55
hey greg,
whats the best quick detailer? is menzerna High Gloss Acrylic Shield any good?
thanks
Old 06-01-2007, 07:16 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by tacojoe
hey greg,
whats the best quick detailer? is menzerna High Gloss Acrylic Shield any good?
thanks
Thanks for asking about the quick detailers, I'd be happy to help you select one. Depends on what you're looking to do with your quick detailer. There are basically two kinds of quick detailers: 1.) leaves a layer of protection wax/sealant, 2.) has cleaning properties and wipes off entirely.

For the type of quick detailers that leave protection I love the Menzerna High Gloss Acrylic Shield. Just spray it on and wipe it off. It leaves a nice acrylic layer that protects your paint and adds some serious shine. For the cleaning quick detailers (which can also be used as clay lube) I like the Poorboy's World Spray and Wipe. It's very versatile, wipes totally clean (no streaks) and is easy to use. Let me know if you have any other questions I can help you with.

Greg @ Detailed Image
Old 06-01-2007, 07:55 PM

cls55
thanks greg.
just placed an order for the Menzerna High Gloss Acrylic Shield and a few other items.
thanks,
tom
Old 06-02-2007, 10:59 AM
Banned

Thanks for the support!!!! I appreciate you choosing to purchase at Detailed Image. Let me know what you think of the products when you get time.

Greg @ Detailed Image