Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

Bugs on the front bumper

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-10-2007, 10:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 E550
Bugs on the front bumper

Ahhh spring in Oklahoma. Bugs galore.

Some actually chip the paint. Some though seem to get under the paint or maybe pushing it up, heck I dunno. Anyways, adter using some Poorboys Bug and Tar Spray and a yellow brick bug scrubber (whatever you call it), I still have these bumps. Any ideas how to work these out?
Old 05-11-2007, 10:38 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sorry to hear about those bugs, I know they can cause serious problems. The products you mentioned are designed to help clean the paint and remove bug smear, etc. What may have happened is the bugs have actually etched in to your clear coat. TOGWT and myself recently responded to a post that talks about the affects of bird droppings which also directly applies to some kinds of bug smear. I highly recommend reading this thread and see if that helps explain the problem you're seeing.
https://mbworld.org/forums/detailing-automotive-care/193401-help-paint.html

Let me know if you have any questions after reading that post, we'll be here to help you as much as possible.

Greg @ Detailed Image