Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

Easiest Wax To Apply?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-15-2007, 08:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 238 Likes on 184 Posts
R230 SL63 | W220 S55
Question Easiest Wax To Apply?

What would be the easiest and most durable wax to apply? No prepping, no clay bar, just a thorough wash followed by a paint protect-ant.
Old 05-16-2007, 06:05 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
'84 380 SL/ '02 XK8
A wax or sealant can only reflect what is underneath it, so a clean, level well-prepared surface is the most important consideration (85% of a surfaces reflectivity is its preparation) along with applied product clarity.
If you apply a product over a surface that is dirty or one that has surface imperfections a wax or sealant will not disguise it, only highlight them.
Old 05-16-2007, 11:36 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The most durable wax is tough to say because waxes are generally not considered to durable. Natural waxes have a higher concentration of moisture and are therefore more affected by temperature changes. Sealants are made in labs to replicate what waxes do, but better. In general sealants give you a longer lasting shine and better protection than natural waxes. This is done by taking the molecular composition of wax and removing elements that don't add to greater shine, durability, ease of use, etc. For best results make sure you have taken all the necessary preparation steps to clean and smooth out the clear coat. The cleaner and smoother the clear coat is, the better the sealant will bond to it. The very high melting point of sealants makes them more durable and resistant to nature’s elements, abrasions and harmful contaminates. Contaminates have a more difficult time bonding to the clear coat, through the sealant, therefore its easier to remove contaminates during the washing process. Sealants typically give you full protection for 3 – 9 months depending on the sealant you select, number of coats and the prep work. Sealants give off a great reflective shine that lasts for months too.

There are a lot of sealants that are easy to use but I can say one stands out for ease of use and durability above many others that I have used. The Menzerna Full Molecular Jacket is very easy to use and lasts 4 - 6 months on average. I've even had some experienced detailers ask me if they were using it correctly because it's so easy to apply and remove. It can be applied by hand or with a buffer.

If you want the easiest wax to use I'd have to say the Pinnacle Souveran Paste Wax is very easy to use. It lasts anywhere from 1 - 8 weeks depending on conditions. It's super easy to apply and remove, but it must be done by hand. This wax leaves the surface looking super glossy and "wet".

These are my two favorites from the products I have used and I recommend with high confidence that you'll really like them. Let me know if you have any questions or if you'd like other recommendations.

Greg @ Detailed Image
Old 05-16-2007, 01:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 238 Likes on 184 Posts
R230 SL63 | W220 S55
Thanks.
Old 05-16-2007, 05:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 148 Likes on 132 Posts
'17 Jaguar XF
Some protectants have a cleaner in them....like KLASSE All In One. Easy on and off and lasts a long time. Why are you against claying? The process is very easy, simple, and works well. It will make whatever you put on look better and last longer.
Old 05-16-2007, 07:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
new balance
greg is the man for good products and knowledge. For easy on and off p21s is killer
Old 05-16-2007, 08:16 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The Klasse AIO is also quite easy to use and the P21S Carnauba Wax is also very nice. Both are great options but I just had to list my favorites. Thanks for sharing your info guys!

Greg @ Detailed Image