Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

paint chipped down to the metal - what to do?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-18-2007, 09:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK 550
paint chipped down to the metal - what to do?

While driving yesterday, I saw what I thought was a large piece of cardboard flying through the air. I did my best to avoid it, but it still appeared to knick my right front fender. Well, I got home and realized that thing flying through the air obviously was not cardboard. I'm not exactly sure what is what, but whatever it was, it chipped my paint down to the metal. Strangely enough though, it didn't leave a dent.

The area damaged is pretty small, about the size of an eraser head. Can anyone tell me what's the best course of action. Can I just put on some touch up paint given the small size? Or do I need to take it to a paintshop to prevent it from getting worse?

Thanks in advance for the suggestions.
Old 05-18-2007, 12:24 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
www.langka.com has some pretty good touch up kits from what I've read. It's pretty easy to do yourself or you can contact a body shop. That site should be able to help you if you want to try it yourself.

Greg @ Detailed Image
Old 05-27-2007, 02:37 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 E430 sport
langka's blob eliminator + factory paint - only way to go! Works great with elbow grease!