Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

Anyone have a suggestion on a cleaner for the carpet?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-03-2007, 11:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
GLC 63 S AMG / Corvette C8 / Jaguar SVR
Anyone have a suggestion on a cleaner for the carpet?

The carpet, and also the upholstery is a bit dirty.. not bad but some 'wear and tear' seats are perfect i have a good leather cleaner.. and the dash is fine i keep that up as well..
But there is some 'dirt' on the carpet and also right by the door sill that other kind of material.

anyone recommend a good safe cleaner they have used to remove dirt and make it look all nice and clean again.

Thanks,
Mike
Old 06-04-2007, 04:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1987 E300 TD
https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...ht=303+Cleaner
Old 06-04-2007, 05:10 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
'84 380 SL/ '02 XK8
I’m repeatedly asked which product is the best interior cleaner. There is no one-product answer, as the so-called all purpose cleaners (APC) do not remove every stain, different stains require different solvents to remove them.
Between these cleaners you should be able to remove 99% of stains occurring in a vehicle and around the home – Start with a 10:1 solution and decrease dilution as necessary;
303™ Rug / Upholstery Cleaner & Spot Remover
P21S Total Auto Wash (a with an active ingredient called d-limonene (citrus)) all purpose cleaner (APC)
Woolite® Heavy Traffic Carpet Foam or Hoover Deep Cleansing Carpet/Upholstery Detergent
Folex Instant Carpet Spot Remover
PVC - 303™ Aerospace Protectant
Plastic - Plexus, BTI™ Chemicals Plastic Polish & Cleaner
Washable surfaces - Distilled water / Woolite 10:1 or 303 Cleaner & Spot Remover ™
Glass surfaces - Stoner's Invisible Glass
Wood surfaces – Klasse All-In-One (AIO
Old 06-04-2007, 09:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
GLC 63 S AMG / Corvette C8 / Jaguar SVR
would you use a microfiber..? i just purchased some 303 stuff. also wipe or push down on it?
Old 06-04-2007, 03:37 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The 303 Cleaner and Spot Remover is what I use on both carpets and the dash board. I try to lightly wipe all surfaces and only rub harder as needed. Generating too much pressure can harm both the microfiber towel and the surface you're cleaning. Let me know if you have any other questions about how to best clean those areas. Good Luck!

Greg @ Detailed Image
Old 06-21-2007, 11:06 PM

'07 CLS 550, 09 GL320
Originally Posted by Greg@DI
The 303 Cleaner and Spot Remover is what I use on both carpets and the dash board. I try to lightly wipe all surfaces and only rub harder as needed. Generating too much pressure can harm both the microfiber towel and the surface you're cleaning. Let me know if you have any other questions about how to best clean those areas. Good Luck!

Greg @ Detailed Image
Greg (and others) great tips. I just picked up a CLS550 with the Cashmere interior and while I love the look with the white, I have noticed that every car wash jockey and valet that gets in the car drags his feet across the door sill area and the soft fabric strip that runs beside the sill gets black from the bottom of their shoes. Any ideas on how to clean this and perhaps prevent it from staining? The Cashmere interior has a black dash, mats, and belt around the top of the doors. I even thought about having that belting along the sills replaced with black.
Old 06-22-2007, 11:02 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Oh man I can see myself cringing every time someone gets in the vehicle. For general cleaning, I would take a clean brush and lightly wipe the fabric and or vacuum it. For stains or contamination build ups I would probably use the 303 Cleaner and Spot Remover on them. Even though this formula is pre-diluted I might even dilute it more or use it very lightly on a microfiber towel and then lightly wipe down affected areas. When cleaning be careful about scrubbing too hard or creating too much friction, which can pull at the material. Any other preventative measures you can take will obviously help a lot too.

Greg @ Detailed Image
Old 06-22-2007, 03:03 PM

2006 CLS500
http://autopia.org/forum/detailing-p...ighlight=folex

I've used Folex (Target/KMart/Home Depot for around $5) on my carpet and it works VERY well. It removed the salt, dirt and some old stains. Spray, agitate with your fingers (wear some dishwashing or latex gloves) and vacuum out the access with a wet-vac. If the carpet temperature is warmer, it will help the cleaning process.

Last edited by 5IVE; 06-22-2007 at 03:05 PM.
Old 06-25-2007, 12:23 AM

Folex