Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

Share secrets here for cleaning the inside of your w211!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 10:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 w212
Share secrets here for cleaning the inside of your w211!!!

Hi everyone!
Thought I'd start a thread here so that we can all share how we clean the inside of our cars!! What I've discovered is that the simplest cleaning products do the best job -- no need for expensive stuff....I'll start:

Windows: rubbing alchohol (citrus scented) and paper towels

MBTex seats: Furniture polish and cloth towel

Wood: Furnuture polish and microfiber towel

Dash: Furniture polish and cloth towel

Carpet: Simple green

Rooftop, side pillars, etc: lint remover roll
Old 06-07-2007, 11:18 AM

Well i see by your posts that your a newbie, So welcome to our home. There have been many discussions on how to detail the inside of your automobile. As im sure furniture polish may slightly clean the surface of the leather. It would not be the same as using Letherique. Im sure TOGWT will reply with a answer as to why, lol. But anyway your driving a benz so invest in the right substances to preserve your investment.
Old 06-07-2007, 02:55 PM

2007 Arctic White C230
Furniture polish sounds funky. I've always just used the MB Brand of cleaner/protectant I bought at the Dealer when I got my car. It's really helped preserve the look and condition of the steering wheel, dash, mbtex, etc. I think it's called Leather Seat care, even though my interior is the MBTex.
Old 06-07-2007, 04:14 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'84 380 SL/ '02 XK8
I’m repeatedly asked which product is the best interior cleaner. There is no one-product answer, as the so-called all purpose cleaners (APC) do not remove every stain, different stains require different solvents to remove them.
Between these cleaners you should be able to remove 99% of stains occurring in a vehicle and around the home – Start with a 10:1 solution and decrease dilution as necessary;

303™ Rug / Upholstery Cleaner & Spot Remover
P21S Total Auto Wash (a with an active ingredient called d-limonene (citrus)) all purpose cleaner (APC)
Woolite® Heavy Traffic Carpet Foam or Hoover Deep Cleansing Carpet/Upholstery Detergent
Folex Instant Carpet Spot Remover
PVC - 303™ Aerospace Protectant
Plastic - Plexus, BTI™ Chemicals Plastic Polish & Cleaner
Washable surfaces - Distilled water / Woolite 10:1 or 303 Cleaner & Spot Remover ™
Glass surfaces - Stoner's Invisible Glass
Wood surfaces – Klasse All-In-One (AIO)

Pledge contains an NBG (very tech Brit terminology) silicone that attracts dirt/dust, they will not penetrate and feed the leather fibres, just lay on top attracting dirt; hence NBG