Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

How to install protective film (3M, Avery etc)?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-29-2007, 02:54 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'05 c230 Kompressor Sport Sedan
How to install protective film (3M, Avery etc)?

I have the Avery one-time use ones and I'm not sure how to install it. Any help? Do I use diluted dish washing soap to get it in place or would that wear our the stickiness? Just gotta cut to exact size and place like a regular sticker?

Any tips would be helpful. I've searched through the forums only to find ones for sale and review, but nothing on installation. This is for my foglights....'05 glass ones that break easily without it.
Old 12-30-2007, 11:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Several MB's Superperformance MK III Cobra
Originally Posted by zoomie
I have the Avery one-time use ones and I'm not sure how to install it. Any help? Do I use diluted dish washing soap to get it in place or would that wear our the stickiness? Just gotta cut to exact size and place like a regular sticker?

Any tips would be helpful. I've searched through the forums only to find ones for sale and review, but nothing on installation. This is for my foglights....'05 glass ones that break easily without it.
Apply (spray) a mixture of baby shampoo and water to your fog lights, the sticky side of the film and your hands in order not to get finger prints on the film. Put the pre cut film on the lights and keep moving it until you get the placement that you want. You will then have to "squeegy" the water that is trapped under the film. Don't be alarmed if you don't get all of the water out since it will evaporate over time. It requires a little patience but is fairly simple on a small area like the lights.