Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale 2007

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 10:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 E500
Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale 2007

Hey folks, it's been awhile since I've been on. Life in the real world is busy I guess. Been in a plane more than I have in my Mercedes the past few months.

I'm honored to be at the Barrett-Jackson show once again this year. Palm Beach 2007 was my first go at it, and before I knew it, I was on stage for 3/4's of the vehicles presented doing the final wipe downs and keeping the seller at ease

I was invited by a sponsor to help manage their clients vehicles, and then ended up working with The Barrett-Jackson Organization throughout the week. I managed the client relationship with many of the sellers prior to the staging of their vehicles. Our team detailed over 50 cars that week, and this year will be even more.

The primary car I was responsible for was the cover car, Chip Foose's Hemisphere aka "Foose Coupe". This green machine was a pleasure to detail and host that week.

Scottsdale is the cream of the crop and much larger in size. There will be well over 1000 cars at Barrett-Jackson alone. However, we are also helping out our friends at the Russo and Steele auctions as well. This too is in Scottsdale and houses a little higher quality of car with the reduced quantity.

Look for me on stage again next week Thurs-Sunday, and we'll talk to you all soon.

Old 01-10-2008, 11:21 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Great to see you back on the forum and working on some great vehicles. I hope we can see some more pictures of the cars if you get time!

Greg @ Detailed Image
Old 01-24-2008, 04:20 PM

A clean car
sick work! Thats where i want to detail..on the big stage!
Old 01-24-2008, 05:08 PM

2003 E500
I appreciate it. I had a wonderful time once again, but barely had time to take pictures ;( I had a buddy take a few, but he hasn't sent them yet. We spent a lot of time at the Russo & Steele auction as well (lower quantity (500 or so cars) and typically higher quality).

Highlights:
-1966 Lambo (sold for $258k (should have been about $75k more).
-1969 Ferrari
-1965 Mustang

I got to drive up this 1 of 200 Porsche that we detailed since the owner was on stage with one of his other 7 cars he brought.

Sat first class on the way home next to last year's American Idol winner Jordin Sparks. That was a way to cap off the week.