Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

Has anyone tried Pittman's Original One Step head light cleaner?

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 04-02-2012, 08:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'07 Prius
Unhappy Pittman's ALR

Purchased this product for use on my Prius headlights. Really had high hopes for this product.

It came in a 2cc bottle for $21.99. I used it on my '02 Saturn headlights that were very yellow & cloudy. Pretty impressed! Then I tried it on the white opaque spots on the Prius lenses. Not so impressive. It would not remove all the "oxidation" no matter what I did & it left swirly areas that looked oily.

I also tried it on my '06 Prius, too. Now, I admit I wasn't expecting much because my husband had already had these lenses restored, using the older methods, a couple of years ago. Pittman's did remove some of the new oxidation, but again, it failed to remove it all.

I don't know about their 50 vehicle claim, either. After treating these 3 cars, the bottle is almost empty and the lenses still have cloudy areas. Maybe the Prius lenses are a different type of plastic? I don't know. Can't really explain why it appeared to work so well on the Saturn lenses, but not as well on the Prius lenses.

Last edited by Tommymommy; 04-02-2012 at 08:26 PM. Reason: Adding information
Old 04-03-2012, 06:31 PM

none
Hi Tommymommy
You bought the 2cc vial off bonanza or ebay, they only advertise 4 cars.
The 14cc vials are the ones that advertise 50 cars those are $50.00.
Why did it work better on one car than others...That can happen on the same car. The surface condition of the headlight remains unchanged beneath the oxidation, so once you remove the oxidation anything left is usually bits and pieces of the uv layer or a sealant from a previous sanding.
Once a surface is sanded it changes forever and for the worse.
The UV layer is a type of plastic that could last virtually forever if it is not damaged. Outside of highway driving the only real damage a uv layer faces in abrasive cleanings.
Loss of the UV layer will cause the lens to turn yellow, that yellow is not oxidation, it's uv damage from the sun. There is no product I know of that will fix that.
Oxidation is reoccurring but easily enough removed. Conditioning the lens will prevent the oxidation from reforming.
Old 04-03-2012, 06:41 PM

'07 Prius
Thanks for the info Sidwynder. I must have misread the EBAY description. Even for 2cc, I was disappointed in how fast it was gone. Oh well...

The yellowed lights at least cleared up. They didn't turn clear and colorless, but were clear. That was nice.

On the '06 Prius, the lights had previously been sanded and treated. I didn't expect much there. However, on the '07, there has been no previous treatment done. The spots are like white clouds on the lens. It took probably 50% off, but left the rest. Even after a repeat treatment, some was left. It seems to reform very quickly. It doesn't look or feel like it's peeling and it definitely is not yellowing at all. I'm really puzzled as to what is really happening. I wonder if I need to reseal after applying the ALR, even if it has not completely removed the cloudy areas.

Your thoughts?
Old 04-03-2012, 08:22 PM

none
Hi Tommymommy
Don't use more than a drop at a time.
Don't leave the lens wet with formula it will cloud,
this clouding will come off with another application.
The lens should be left dry after deoxidizing, squeaky dry.
Very important:
All that does not come off on contact is not oxidation.
Using more formula won't have any additional benefit to the physical condition of the surface.
It can't fix or repair abnormalities on the surface of the lens.
Some lens have to be resurfaced, (polished or sanded) removing oxidation is only part of the problem.
You may be able to feel a difference in the surface of the lens with your fingers. An undamaged lens will be very smooth with no irregular variations in the surface.
A damaged lens can feel course, bumpy or uneven to the touch.
More overly damage can be in random places on the lens.
Oxidation blankets the entire lens, it does not collect in random areas.
After deoxidizing, any physical damage previously hidden beneath the oxidation becomes visible.
If the lens has a sealant on it, the sealant may be the problem.
Sealants will breakdown over time and have to be removed and replaced, this involves sanding and polishing.
The original UV layer does not discolor or breakdown as quickly as a sealant.
Sealants by comparison can be very thick and have tiny air holes where moisture can collect and create visible spots within the sealant.
These spots should be expect to expand over time.

Last edited by sidwynder; 04-03-2012 at 08:44 PM.
Old 04-03-2012, 09:24 PM

'14 CLA 45
Tommy,

check your local craigslist ads and search for headlight restoration. There usually are a couple of people who offer this for around $30 and actually use a buffer. Granted, they might not be your professional detailer, but there is not all that much to it really.
Old 04-05-2012, 01:23 PM
Banned

MB
If you notice, almost all of sidwynder's posts are promoting and defending Pittman ALR and Vaporwax, and giving detailed instructions that no one else could (or would bother to) give.
And the other positive comment in this thread was by scepticone, with only one post. Shill?

Also on this youtube video for Pittman ALR, embedded on his website,, there were years of questions, but no testimonials. And any negative ones had been posted, he could have deleted them.

Also the website for Pittman looks like a kid designed it, and along with the wording, like a kid typed it (incl. typos).

BBB
http://www.bbb.org/chicago/business-...le-il-88384961
Old 04-05-2012, 01:26 PM
Banned

MB
kelik22,

Where is the cheapest place to buy Solaray UV Headlight Repair? Starting at about $40 with shipping, it seems to be more expensive than the Lightrite coating at $38 ($25 + $13 ship)?
FYI, your link for the Solaray stuff has changed. Now:
http://semproducts.com/product-catal...dlight-repair/

I already have some 303 Aerospace protectant, which I love on my interior, but just being a liquid, doubt it would last long on the headlights past the first rain or wash.

http://www.autopia.org/forum/car-det...e-answers.html

This mentions after spraying with Solaray, just letting them sit in the sun to get the UV cure.
Also mentions using a film instead for UV protection, and SprayMax 2K Urethane Aerosol Clear Coat.
Old 04-13-2012, 10:30 AM

none
Wow,
This is comical and sad.
How many times will kelik22 join this site to leave 2 posts?

He is a regular One Man Gang around here.

This is bordering on the verge of obsessive compulsive disorder.
You have two ponts:
1. Don't Buy a product Cause you don't like it.
2. Youre an headlight cleaning expert with 20 years experience.

Then you rejoin the site to agree with yourself when no one else will.
You ask yourself for advise, defend your incredible statements under the guise of new members.

Then in classic autopia style, When you cannot prove your point about a product you attack the owner of the company and next the web site.

In the case of Pittman who you are seriously paranoid.
You go out of your way to post comments about a product you admittedly know nothing about.
You believe every person who has made a positive comment about the product is the same person,
no matter where the comment appears.
Also you believe they all either own or work for the company.

That's comical, sad and delusional.
Old 04-13-2012, 12:53 PM
Banned

MB
No, what's sad is:
A. You think I'm kelik22. I'm not.
B. After trying to call me out for being a shill poster, I'm willing to bet you, scepticone, and Pittman are one and the same. Pot<->kettle.
Old 04-13-2012, 01:01 PM

2005 CLK500 cab, 2004 S600 designo mocha
Just leave sidwynder.

Many members on this board, including myself, are here to help unsuspecting mbworld members. I became interested in your product and did some research of my own. I now have a personal vendetta, to pass my knowledge of your product in every thread that it is mentioned in from now on.

Your products have no credibility. Just leave. I will be sure to watch this section of the forum to put my $0.02 in every thread you post that would mislead someone into purchasing your un-credible product.
Old 04-14-2012, 08:38 AM

none
Originally Posted by babyman1737
Just leave sidwynder.

Many members on this board, including myself, are here to help unsuspecting mbworld members. I became interested in your product and did some research of my own. I now have a personal vendetta, to pass my knowledge of your product in every thread that it is mentioned in from now on.

Your products have no credibility. Just leave. I will be sure to watch this section of the forum to put my $0.02 in every thread you post that would mislead someone into purchasing your un-credible product.
Massive negative feedback, not working for you Babyman?
That did not go over too well did it?
I am suspecting you and Kelik22 are joined the hip.
So now you have a vendetta? who would have known?
You want to help unsuspecting mb members?
by passing on your knowledge?
Knowledge about the research you did.

Well you can start by telling the truth.
You say you did research, well what did you find?
Where did you do this "research"?
Was any of this research active, involving tests and recorded results?
You have a chance to prove your point again.
Leave some links to where we can find the research that lead you to have a personal vendetta?
You say you are going to add your $0.02 every chance you get.
You have no knowledge that is useful in this area.
What you admittedly have and are constantly proving is a "personal vendetta" which is another way of saying you are mad.
Which is reinforced by the fact that the things you say on this topic can't be substanciated, or have any credible or useful value.

Last edited by sidwynder; 04-14-2012 at 08:42 AM.
Old 04-14-2012, 02:58 PM

'14 CLA 45
Originally Posted by sidwynder
Massive negative feedback, not working for you Babyman?
That did not go over too well did it?
I am suspecting you and Kelik22 are joined the hip.
So now you have a vendetta? who would have known?
You want to help unsuspecting mb members?
by passing on your knowledge?
Knowledge about the research you did.

Well you can start by telling the truth.
You say you did research, well what did you find?
Where did you do this "research"?
Was any of this research active, involving tests and recorded results?
You have a chance to prove your point again.
Leave some links to where we can find the research that lead you to have a personal vendetta?
You say you are going to add your $0.02 every chance you get.
You have no knowledge that is useful in this area.
What you admittedly have and are constantly proving is a "personal vendetta" which is another way of saying you are mad.
Which is reinforced by the fact that the things you say on this topic can't be substanciated, or have any credible or useful value.
Sidwynder, need I remind you that you too owe the board and users that you recommend this product to any kind of research outside of the Pittman's website, very questionable reviews and youtube videos?
Old 04-14-2012, 10:08 PM

none
Originally Posted by kickR
Sidwynder, need I remind you that you too owe the board and users that you recommend this product to any kind of research outside of the Pittman's website, very questionable reviews and youtube videos?
You think so? with all of the positive feedback that's already on, Amazon, Google, and Ebay You think "I" need to validate a product that has online recorded sales and feedback that go back for years?
Out of the All the hundreds of feedback I have seen on Pittman, I have seen a total of 3 negative out of the nearly 10 years the product has been on the market.
Have you ever seen a review anywhere else you found questionable or just about the Pittman product?
I never claimed to do any research, that was your buddy "Massive Negative Feedback Vendetta Research Babyman" with his invested $0.02.
I speak from experience.
I use the products and have done do for years. Anyone who has used a product can tell you more about it than someone who hasn't.
Anyone who has read about the product understands what the product is suppose to do and how to use it.
No great mystery, I use the same internet as everyone else.
I don't know where your buddies get their information from or why you could still be in the dark about a product that has been on the market for almost a decade.
Did you even take the time to see WHEN this post was started?
It was three years ago! the product had already been on the market 5 years!
A lot of time has passed, long enough for anyone who was interested to find out what ever kind of information they wanted to about the product.
Or In the case of many, try it.
That business about passing on knowledge to the unsupected is "Comic Classic".
When a person lies, they have to keep on lieing to cover the previous lies and instead of fooling people they make themselves look the fool.

If you say you tried the product and it did not fix the damage, that is believable.
They say it won't repair damage.

If you say you tried it on 12 cars and it didn't remove oxidation from any of them, that's questionable.

So what is your knowledge on the subject? Do you share the same vendetta with babyman, can you back up any of your friends incredible statements with supporting documentation or links?

I don't think so.

If I were you and did not know anything about a subject, I would do my own research before jumping in on a conversation you can add nothing constructive to.
Do your research and come back with your evidence and educate your friends so they can stop trying to pass on vendetta research knowledge to the unsuspecting members in this forum.
I Think you would agree that you owe the members that much if you are sincere.

Last edited by sidwynder; 04-15-2012 at 07:31 PM.
Old 04-16-2012, 04:51 PM

'14 CLA 45
You think so? with all of the positive feedback that's already on, Amazon, Google, and Ebay You think "I" need to validate a product that has online recorded sales and feedback that go back for years?
Out of the All the hundreds of feedback I have seen on Pittman, I have seen a total of 3 negative out of the nearly 10 years the product has been on the market.
Have you ever seen a review anywhere else you found questionable or just about the Pittman product?
I never claimed to do any research, that was your buddy "Massive Negative Feedback Vendetta Research Babyman" with his invested $0.02.
I speak from experience.
I use the products and have done do for years. Anyone who has used a product can tell you more about it than someone who hasn't.
Anyone who has read about the product understands what the product is suppose to do and how to use it.
No great mystery, I use the same internet as everyone else.
I don't know where your buddies get their information from or why you could still be in the dark about a product that has been on the market for almost a decade.
Did you even take the time to see WHEN this post was started?
It was three years ago! the product had already been on the market 5 years!
A lot of time has passed, long enough for anyone who was interested to find out what ever kind of information they wanted to about the product.
Or In the case of many, try it.
That business about passing on knowledge to the unsupected is "Comic Classic".
When a person lies, they have to keep on lieing to cover the previous lies and instead of fooling people they make themselves look the fool.

If you say you tried the product and it did not fix the damage, that is believable.
They say it won't repair damage.

If you say you tried it on 12 cars and it didn't remove oxidation from any of them, that's questionable.

So what is your knowledge on the subject? Do you share the same vendetta with babyman, can you back up any of your friends incredible statements with supporting documentation or links?

I don't think so.

If I were you and did not know anything about a subject, I would do my own research before jumping in on a conversation you can add nothing constructive to.
Do your research and come back with your evidence and educate your friends so they can stop trying to pass on vendetta research knowledge to the unsuspecting members in this forum.
I Think you would agree that you owe the members that much if you are sincere.

Getting a bit much defensive there, maybe?

Throughout your membership on this board, you have had your very own little vendetta with proven detailing methods and continue to put results of Pittman products above any others. You keep referring to positive reviews, but when called out that most all reviews on Pittman's website are for random car part auctions rather than the detailing products the website promotes, you become mute.

Lets refer back to a different thread, in which you continue to make false statements just to promote Pittman's products:

https://mbworld.org/forums/detailing...detailing.html

"Detailing with polish and a buffer will put more scratches in your paint that you will have to try and hide"

With this statement you are 'passing on the wrong information to an unsuspecting customer'

So just to be absolutely clear, once more: Are you saying that the results of Pittman's headlight cleaner are comparable or even superior to those of a detailer properly polishing the headlight with a polish in regards to smoothness and clarity of the lense, as well as the longevity of result?
Old 04-16-2012, 04:59 PM

'14 CLA 45
And to answer you question: Yes, I did have the chance to use the product in the past, because an unsatisfied customer left me the remainder of a bottle. The product does to some extent visibly clear up the healdights, but only for a short period of time (less than 2 months). I did not pay much closer attention to the product because I figured it was just another infommercial product.
Old 04-17-2012, 12:30 AM

none
Originally Posted by kickR
Getting a bit much defensive there, maybe?

keep referring to positive reviews, but when called out that most all reviews on Pittman's website are for random car part auctions rather than the detailing products the website promotes, you become mute.
I have nothing to defend. I am not the one who is so insecure that he joined this site multiple times to create multiple ID's to defend their alter egos, Attitude, writing skills and reading comprehension gIve you away.

I have never had a problem with the truth.
I spoke of "feedback", It's you who makes reference to "reviews"

I am just amazed at how hard it is for you to accept reality.

The lies have gone straight into the twilight zone.
Where did you get this information?
" most all reviews on Pittman's website are for random car part auctions rather than the detailing products the website promotes".

Most all reviews?
What type of random car parts were reviewed?

Can you quote just one "random car part review "and leave a link to where you found it on the Pittman web site, so everyone can see this?

That should not be a problem if "most all reviews" are of random car parts.

What were the names of these "random car part auctions"
How does the auction process work and where can you leave reviews?
I personally have never heard of a"random car part auction".

Could you provide us with one link to any review you can quote on the Pittman web site that is about or from a random car part auction's.

SPOILER ALERT: Of couse not, just more of your vendetta knowedge targeting "unsuspecting members" with "make believe research" that neither you or any of your alter egos can prove.

I see an obsessive compulsive pattern when someone is not interested in the truth. All they want is: to be right no matter what lie they have to tell.

Last edited by sidwynder; 04-17-2012 at 08:18 AM.
Old 04-17-2012, 02:19 PM

'14 CLA 45
I have nothing to defend. I am not the one who is so insecure that he joined this site multiple times to create multiple ID's to defend their alter egos, Attitude, writing skills and reading comprehension gIve you away. - Sorry, but no multiple user ID's here. Have moderators check into that before you acuse me

I have never had a problem with the truth.
I spoke of "feedback", It's you who makes reference to "reviews" - Reviews and feedback is one and the same thing, at least to me. Sorry that you get so worked up on it.
I am just amazed at how hard it is for you to accept reality.

The lies have gone straight into the twilight zone.
Where did you get this information?
" most all reviews on Pittman's website are for random car part auctions rather than the detailing products the website promotes". - Remind me to take screenshots next time , because all non relevant reviews, or feedback as you refer to them, seem to have been finally removed. Granted, they were for the VaporMax product and the few that remain have a positive connotation, but a few weeks ago there were 1000+ reviews in that list.

Most all reviews?
What type of random car parts were reviewed? - Feedback from the IBC34 website for VaporMax forward to a Ebay seller by the name of 'kemetianmotif'. All his 1000+ ebay feedback were linked and somewhat represented as that of VaporMax. These are the random car parts I was referring to a few weeks back.

Can you quote just one "random car part review "and leave a link to where you found it on the Pittman web site, so everyone can see this? - See above for reasoning why I unfortunately cannot provide you with that anymore. I should have taken a screenshot, but thats on me I guess

That should not be a problem if "most all reviews" are of random car parts.

What were the names of these "random car part auctions"
How does the auction process work and where can you leave reviews?
I personally have never heard of a"random car part auction". - Multiple auctions on Ebay from the above mentioned seller for various car parts. Sorry that this is so difficult for you to understand.

Could you provide us with one link to any review you can quote on the Pittman web site that is about or from a random car part auction's.

SPOILER ALERT: Of couse not, just more of your vendetta knowedge targeting "unsuspecting members" with "make believe research" that neither you or any of your alter egos can prove. - No, no personal vendetta, just my personal experience a couple of years back. You seem to ignore that fact quite conveniently.

I see an obsessive compulsive pattern when someone is not interested in the truth. All they want is: to be right no matter what lie they have to tell.

But most importantly, you once again avoid to comment on your statement in another thread that "Detailing with polish and a buffer will put more scratches in your paint that you will have to try and hide."

Again, I am not saying that the product fails to remove oxidation, but that results and longevity do not compare to that of using grit paper, a buffer and polish.

Can we agree on the above sentence?
Old 04-17-2012, 10:31 PM

none
What no link?
Again?
You originally said you saw "most all" these reviews for a "random car parts auction" on the Pittman Web site not ebay. Where are they on the Pittman web site?
Changing up your lie again?

Ok, Give us a quote and a link to this ebay review for "random car autoparts auction" that you found on the Pittman web site.

You can keep your make believe screen shots.
I asked for one link that members can use to see where you get proof of your incredible statements.

Supply the forum with one link to support any one of the incredible statements you have made in any one ( your choice) of your multiple ID's.

Can yo do that without starting up a new lie to avoid the issue?

Let's clear the board of the nonsense.
I have nothing to prove, everything I have said can be supported by an Internet search.

You on the other hand, you make up lies as you go along.
(like the latest BREAKING NEWS about you actually using the product).
Who are you trying to kid? Me? Don't waste your time.

Based on your statements, you have access to an Internet that gives you information that no one else can get or link to.

Now, you want to change the subject and focus on another product, mentioned in another post.
Grasping for straws again.
This post is about Pittman deoxidizer, make your comment about the other product at the other post.

Autopia has got you totally brain washed, which has rendered you helpless in a battle of wits.
Nothing you say makes any sense.
It's like you have been living in a cave the past 5 years.

"Things Change".

You jumped on the wrong side of the fence on this one.
If you can't get the facts and evidence to support your incredible statements you need to leave it alone.
I'm almost beginning to feel sorry for you.
NOTE to the One Man Gang:
You can't make up your own facts, Those are called LIES.
Old 04-17-2012, 11:08 PM

2005 CLK500 cab, 2004 S600 designo mocha
KickR, don't worry too much about sidwynder. It seems many of us on this site are on to his pushy sales routine. He says many of us create more than one account on this site to repeatedly bash him....he's wrong. We are legitimate posters on this site, helping the mbworld community, not just posting about his $h!ty (edited not to bleep...had to say it) product. The defendant clearly doesn't understand what you mean...

You said the reviews on his site point back to an ebay account "kemetianmotif" , which it does. If the perp knew his own site, under the "Customer Reviews" link on the bottom of his page, then "PITTMAN ORIGINAL ALR APC CUSTOMER FEEDBACK" link on that page sends you strait to the "kemetianmotif" feedback on ebay.
For some reason the above poster doesn't understand that? ....The rest of us do. Look at all the feedback, it's for diecast cars (which you assumed to be car parts I think....again which he doesn't understand).

Fact: All Pittman products have zero credibility, and the above poster will do anything he can to twist your words (and other peoples words) to sidetrack people from that fact.

Don't believe me? Watch him do it in the next post.....
Old 04-18-2012, 08:04 AM

none
[quote=babyman1737;5154066]KickR, don't worry too much about sidwynder. It seems many of us on this site are on to his pushy sales routine. He says many of us create more than one account on this site to repeatedly bash him....he's wrong. We are legitimate posters on this site, helping the mbworld community, not just posting about his $h!ty (edited not to bleep...had to say it) product. The defendant clearly doesn't understand what you mean...

You said the reviews on his site point back to an ebay account "kemetianmotif" , which it does. If the perp knew his own site, under the "Customer Reviews" link on the bottom of his page, then "PITTMAN ORIGINAL ALR APC CUSTOMER FEEDBACK" link on that page sends you strait to the "kemetianmotif" feedback on ebay.
For some reason the above poster doesn't understand that? ....The rest of us do. Look at all the feedback, it's for diecast cars (which you assumed to be car parts I think....again which he doesn't understand).

quote]

LOL time to bring up the rear?
You and your IDs are funny, you all defend the same lies.
You all have the same attitude.
None of you have mastered reading comprehension.

The ID you mentioned is associated with selling Pittman products on ebay, several years ago.
Feedback from this seller can be found on the Pittman site.

This is where you fail at reading comprehension.
This seller no longer sells Pittman products on ebay, he gives samples of VaporWax away as a bonus with his diecast cars, and the feedback indicates it's for a diecast car, if you click on view you can see that.

Once again a different product, not the one this post is about

There is a seller on ebay who carries the products and all feedback is clear to what the feedback is for.
In addition none of this sellers feedback show up on the Pittman site.

Search for Pittman products and see who is actually selling on ebay.

All ebay site feedback, for Pittman sales associated with the ID you gave,
are over three years old.
And none of the feedback refer to selling any car parts.
or associated with any random car parts auction on ebay.
If you took the time to comprehend what you read you would have seen that.

I asked for a quote and a link, still nothing just more lies from the One Man Gang.

Attack the product, attack the website, attack the messenger.
You bore me with this vendetta nonsense. I have given you several chances to prove your point.
You have limited reading comprehension abilities.
You have been unable to prove any statement you've made.
You deny the true facts, and continue make up your own.
In a battle of wits you are defenseless, like a duck in a pond.
So much for your vendetta research.
Goodby One Man Gang.
Old 04-18-2012, 12:24 PM

'14 CLA 45
What no link?
Again?
You originally said you saw "most all" these reviews for a "random car parts auction" on the Pittman Web site not ebay. Where are they on the Pittman web site?
Changing up your lie again?

Ok, Give us a quote and a link to this ebay review for "random car autoparts auction" that you found on the Pittman web site.

You can keep your make believe screen shots.
I asked for one link that members can use to see where you get proof of your incredible statements.

Supply the forum with one link to support any one of the incredible statements you have made in any one ( your choice) of your multiple ID's.

Can yo do that without starting up a new lie to avoid the issue?

Let's clear the board of the nonsense.
I have nothing to prove, everything I have said can be supported by an Internet search.

You on the other hand, you make up lies as you go along.
(like the latest BREAKING NEWS about you actually using the product).
Who are you trying to kid? Me? Don't waste your time.

Based on your statements, you have access to an Internet that gives you information that no one else can get or link to.

Now, you want to change the subject and focus on another product, mentioned in another post.
Grasping for straws again.
This post is about Pittman deoxidizer, make your comment about the other product at the other post.

Autopia has got you totally brain washed, which has rendered you helpless in a battle of wits.
Nothing you say makes any sense.
It's like you have been living in a cave the past 5 years.

"Things Change".

You jumped on the wrong side of the fence on this one.
If you can't get the facts and evidence to support your incredible statements you need to leave it alone.
I'm almost beginning to feel sorry for you.
NOTE to the One Man Gang:
You can't make up your own facts, Those are called LIES.
Maybe you should read my post again?

I explained what I was referring to in earlier posts as far the 'car parts' go and why I cannot deliver proof anymore and that this is on absolutely on me. Is it really that difficult to understand? Apparently it is!

Some autopia members might quite possibly have registered different accounts on mbworld.org to give their two cents, but you assuming that everyone who adds to this thread is such an account is false. Maybe it is you who needs a reality check in this regard? Rest assured that I do not frequent autopia at all, but then again, I am sure you will be accusing me of lying about this as well - lol.

Really, you are avoiding the real issue here, which is not some feedback on the pittman's website, but you failing to explain to us why you believe that buffers and polishes only create more paint imperfections and why Pittman's headlight cleaner will do a better job than your usual grit, buffer, polish.

We can go on and on about feedback, Ebay, autopia, vendettas, multiple user accounts etc., but if you really want to get this thread to move into a proper direction, then lets do so together.

Even though you do not believe me, I did have the chance to use the product and it was not very positive, but I will the first to admit that I might have not given it a fair chance, if there is reason to do so.

At this point in time, I am standing by the fact that Pittman's headlight cleaner is able to rid headlights of oxidation, but only to a certain degree, and that a grit, buffer, and polish will achieve better results and longevity.

As you seem to use their products quite often, why don't you send me a small left over in the near future and I will document everything in detail. I would communicate with you in order to guarantee that I am not doing anything wrong as far as the application, in order to rule out any mistake I might have made in the past, and we will finally shed some light on this argument.

I just dont want to spend $30 on something that has not worked for me in the past. And of course, if you have a quality buffer, polish and grit paper - we can flip this around too, if you would like.

Lets put all this non-sense arguing behind us and actually tackle the real problem.
If you are even somewhat serious about all this, you will take me up on this offer in one form or another.
Old 04-22-2012, 11:02 AM

'14 CLA 45
Well, it has been four days now.

I know he has been online twice since my post, and my PM asking him to check back in here stayed without response as well.

I guess I will draw my very own conclusion about this, until he decides to add his two cents, which I still hope will be him trying to help document all this.
Old 06-01-2012, 07:03 PM

none
People who want to get credible answers about Pittman ALR can contact this seller on ebay. http://myworld.ebay.com/edpittman/.
The seller has told me that he will answer any questions about the product if you contact him by ebay messenger or email.
I was also advised to invite you to the Frequently Asked Question on the Pittman site page where the most common question and answers have been posted: http://www.ibc34.com/FAQ.html
Old 06-04-2012, 03:57 PM
Banned

MB
^ Do you talk to yourself often?
Old 07-02-2012, 01:18 AM

cl65 amg
Vaporwax

I'm using Vaporwax on my cl65 and it's been impressionante! I get a deep dark shine in about 10 mins or so. I had been using regular wax until a buddy showed me this stuff, thought it wouldn't last long but it did. No complaints here.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Has anyone tried Pittman's Original One Step head light cleaner?