Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

Tinting in New England area

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-13-2008, 09:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 S550 4matic
Tinting in New England area

Hi,
Could anyone recommend a professional tinter in the Rhode Island / Massachusetts area? I don't mind paying an arm and a leg because I want a real professional installation with top of the line tint (recommendations?) - moleskin on the wipers (I do NOT want any of the wiper blades removed), care taken around the electronics in the doors and rear window, care with the defroster lines - no razor blades, etc....I don't want damaged electronics from water or broken door panels from installation of moleskin.
Also, any thoughts on tint level. The law in my state is 70% through, so I was thinking of doing just the legal limit, I don't want to go through the hassle of going to court to get tint removed etc. A couple of my friends say that 50% tint would be fine and the cops wouldn't give you a hassle though. Anyone have any input to this? I'm not even sure if there is a tint company out there that makes 70% tint (or however its quoted - tint that lets 70% visible through) though. And if there was and the police scanned it might it be more less than 70% because of any blue tint or UV coating Mercedes puts on their windows? So even if I tried to make it right on the law, it would still fail when applied on top of whatever is on from the factory?
Thanks!