Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

Quick Detail Product

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-16-2008, 10:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EFF YOU JACKIE
Quick Detail Product

Guys,

I am sure this has been mentioned before, but I am looking for a "quick shine" cleaner / wax, for those pesky times after the car is all cleaned up and you want to quickly apply a shine to the car.
Old 07-16-2008, 02:48 PM

2008 F-250, 2007 GL450
Originally Posted by ldangeli
Guys,

I am sure this has been mentioned before, but I am looking for a "quick shine" cleaner / wax, for those pesky times after the car is all cleaned up and you want to quickly apply a shine to the car.
I assume you occasionally wax or seal the paint? A QD or spray sealant shouldn’t be used instead. But for in between they are a good idea. We are fortunate to have an excellent detail forum sponsor.
http://www.detailedimage.com/
You should look at their site in ‘spray on protection’ under the ‘Quick detailer’ on the left. So far I haven’t tried anything new that has turned out bad from them. They just don’t sell junk. Outside DI products I like Wolfgang detail spritz and Z6 (over Zaino sealant).
Old 07-16-2008, 03:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EFF YOU JACKIE
Originally Posted by GL Troll
I assume you occasionally wax or seal the paint? A QD or spray sealant shouldn’t be used instead. But for in between they are a good idea. We are fortunate to have an excellent detail forum sponsor.
http://www.detailedimage.com/
You should look at their site in ‘spray on protection’ under the ‘Quick detailer’ on the left. So far I haven’t tried anything new that has turned out bad from them. They just don’t sell junk. Outside DI products I like Wolfgang detail spritz and Z6 (over Zaino sealant).
That is what I am looking for, and yes, a wax is consistently applied.
Old 07-16-2008, 03:12 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
There are two basic quick detailers out there. Basically you can have quick detailers designed to help clean the surface safely without the addition of water. Then there are products that are spray on protection (sealant or wax) as well. So in short we have these two categories of products at www.detailedimage.com.

Quick Detailer
Spray on Protection

There are some products that somewhat do both like the Poorboy's World Spray and Gloss and Chemical Guys ONE. They both can help you clean the surface while adding some shine to the paint. I think these two products would be what you are looking for based on your post. Let me know if I can provide additional information or other recommendations for any step in the detailing process.

Greg @ Detailed Image
Old 07-16-2008, 03:23 PM

2008 F-250, 2007 GL450
Originally Posted by Greg@DI
There are some products that somewhat do both like the Poorboy's World Spray and Gloss and Chemical Guys ONE. They both can help you clean the surface while adding some shine to the paint. I think these two products would be what you are looking for based on your post.

Greg @ Detailed Image
The only issue I have here is CG One looks like a bit of extra work in that you have an extra wiping step.
Old 07-16-2008, 03:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EFF YOU JACKIE
Originally Posted by Greg@DI
There are two basic quick detailers out there. Basically you can have quick detailers designed to help clean the surface safely without the addition of water. Then there are products that are spray on protection (sealant or wax) as well. So in short we have these two categories of products at www.detailedimage.com.

Quick Detailer
Spray on Protection

There are some products that somewhat do both like the Poorboy's World Spray and Gloss and Chemical Guys ONE. They both can help you clean the surface while adding some shine to the paint. I think these two products would be what you are looking for based on your post. Let me know if I can provide additional information or other recommendations for any step in the detailing process.

Greg @ Detailed Image
Yes, looking for that quick clean, last minute shine before a show, etc. I ordered the Poorboys Spray and Gloss. I will let you know what I think.
Old 07-21-2008, 07:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
2015 AMG C63 S
Just go to Wal-Mart and get McGuiars Ultimate Quick Detailer for $9.99. Cleans and shines and leaves a smooth surface.