Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

Zaino Products?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-08-2008 | 02:42 PM

c350 (soon)
Zaino Products?

Firstly i am trying to do as much reading as possible with detailing and car washing. I know NOTHING. I have heard good things about Zaino products, but i dont know what i should get.

Secondly, what type of mitt or cloth do you use for the exterior of the car to both wash and dry? What about the interior?

I want to see different people's opinions as i guess i will go with the majority.

Thanks.

(i'm sure i will have a lot more questions as well).
Old 10-08-2008 | 03:08 PM

2011 E350 4matic
The car wash sticky would be a great read, i learned a lot of valuable info from it.

mainly you want to get something with microfiber on the wash mitt. also having multiple buckets helps, to rinse before putting the dirty mitt into the clean soapy water.

micro fiber cloths should be mandatory for drying your car, its not even close compared to regular cotton towels; as far as protecting your car and not having all that lint you normally get with cotton.

zaino products are good, so are meguiar's and adam's. i have all meguiar's stuff, mainly the gold class line.
Old 10-08-2008 | 03:50 PM
Banned

There are tons of great products out there that can help you take good care of your vehicle. For more information I suggest you read our Detailing Guide and you can also visit Detail University, which is our online detailing forum. As for products it is really important to get a good washing and drying process so you don't add more swirls to the surface. I also recommend applying a quality coat of sealant like the Chemical Guys Jetseal 109 (my favorite) or the Poorboy's World EX-P (great value). Both are great options to help protect and shine your paint.

For washing the paint I use a Sheepskin Wash Mitt or the Lake Country Ulti-Mit. They are both paint safe and I recommend them both to you. I dry the surface with the Microfiber Waffle Weave Drying Towel. This towel is nice and plush, silk edges and the soft fibers.

For the interior I clean with our All Purpose Microfiber Towels. These towels are great for dusting and applying cleaners/protectants.

I would be happy to help you select some products that help you best achieve your detailing needs. Please let me know more about your goals and I'll do my best to hand pick out some products for your situation. If you have any other questions please let me know.

Greg @ Detailed Image
Old 10-09-2008 | 06:36 AM

'84 380 SL/ '02 XK8
As Greg has suggested there are many informative articles on Detailing University.

See also articles on DetailingWiki a series of informative, unbiased articles dedicated to automotive detailing.
Old 10-10-2008 | 08:51 PM

2008 F-250, 2007 GL450
I didn’t used to like wash mitts, but I’ve converted to using a sheepskin mitt as it’s very gentle although I’m finding the Ceramiclear paint MB now uses is indeed very scratch resistant. Because of that scratch resistance I feel OK using a waffle weave drying towel on my MB, but use Greg’s ReThickULous towels for drying other vehicles (hey Greg, it’s time to think of a better name for those things!).

Zaino is great but it takes more time.
Old 10-18-2008 | 08:23 AM

2007 e320 bluetec
To GL Troll

It's disappointing to see political shots on a forum like this.
Old 10-18-2008 | 10:20 AM

2008 F-250, 2007 GL450
Originally Posted by Patrushka
It's disappointing to see political shots on a forum like this.
That’s my signature. It was automatically added. It is relevant to the off topic section of this forum. I’m sorry you’re offended by inconvenient truths.