Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

Microfiber to Remove Dust?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-24-2008, 01:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 C300 Sport 4Matic, 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo
Microfiber to Remove Dust?

I got my C300 a little over a month ago. I get free car washes from my dealer. Since then, I haven't driven it in the rain or snow, but it's gotten dusty. Is it bad to use a microfiber cloth (I bought a glove thing from target) to wipe the dust off it? It's not dirty, just dusty.
Old 11-24-2008, 08:33 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
There is no fool proof method to remove dust and dirt from the surface. Generally you want to minimize friction and use some sort of soap or quick detailer to lubricate the surface. I would recommend misting some quick detailer on the surface first if the surface is only dusty as you stated. A good quick detailer like the Poorboy's World Spray and Wipe will help encapsulate particles and glide across the surface instead of being ground in to the clear coat. Additionally using a thicker and plusher microfiber towel will help reduce friction and give the towel more surface area to pick up contaminants with. I usually use about 2 - 3 of our DI Ultra Plush Microfiber Towel. Let me know if you have any questions about this process or anything related to detailing. We also offer 10% off to forum members with the code 10offMBW.

Greg @ Detailed Image
Old 11-26-2008, 04:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 C300 Sport 4Matic, 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo
Wow, thanks for the advice!