Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

New Detail Shop Opening!!! Please Read..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-12-2009, 11:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
97 C28
Question New Detail Shop Opening!!! Please Read..

My New Boss said to me today for two hundred bucks a month free electricity free water you can use that detail bay over there right off a major highway in my local community hundreds of thousands of cars pass this place daily...

I would like for people to give me the best they know of in wash, wax, clay bar, towels...products I wana use the best have the best and be the best period! in this area

I wana offer 10dolla car washes to get people in...if i did 3 washs an hour thats thirty an hour 5 a day thats 50 dollas either way its good..
as well as offer a 20. wash with microfiber wash mits...
29.99 wax jobs 29.99 clay jobs. 10.99 wheels engine cleaning with shine..seperate

I think this will draw attention to the spot.

a big sign with removable boards to change specials...

My boss is running a tire service business which is pumping traffic in and out of this shop site... I wana offer a free car wash with any purchace of say 200.00 or more redeem when ready good for one year...

all this is flowing so fast this happened so fast but then again life just passes some people by and opportunity just wizzes by peoples heads on a daily basis.

and some complain all the time that they wish something like this would happen for them.. I want to embrace this moment and get it up and running.. hire two people Eventually and have a steady flow of cashflow without me even lifting a finger (in time) can u see this vision i'm seeing. someone with some experience dont bog me down but understand this were in a real rual area. the ten dollor washes may draw in alot of ten dollar bills you see.. this is what i'm thinking people like cheap....

thanks for reading washes waxs shampoos towels ect products

help me out here guys I cant get this out of my head

Last edited by $tallion; 06-12-2009 at 11:22 PM.
Old 06-14-2009, 03:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK430 e55
Congrats on your opportunity, but here is a few suggestions for you to think about before you pull the trigger.

You need to think about your pricing wisely. You can be successful in the detail business by shear volume and low pricing or you can be somewhat successful and offer the best quality detail for a fair or even higher price. For you to start out, you will have to invest in supplies, equipment and perhaps additional labor. During the day you will only have around 8 - 10 hours of business. How many car washes do you intend to pull in, then subtract your costs. I know very successful detailers that has a rooster of clients for the entire Lakers and Clippers, celebrities, etc. He didn't start out doing $10 washes. His clients actually won't let anyone else wash their cars and this kind of cult following is usually built on customer service and performance. If you get the cheap customers, they can be just as picky as the expensive customers and usually want stuff for cheap and complain about your low pricing being too expensive.

I've had a lot of experience dealing with cheap customers and to me, it is not worth it. If you do a kick *** detail, people will come back, because they will notice the difference. Now the only thing is you have to be consistent with every customer to maintain and build a reputation.

Good luck.
Old 06-15-2009, 02:44 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
97 C28
I like the aproach you took I think your right... Just cause the rest of the worlds living in a resession doesent mean i have to as well...I would like to discuss techniqes and equipment.. I'm thinking a low psi powerwasher microfiber cloths. claybars waxing and shampooing engine cleaning wheels rims tires

I need to keep it simple and get equipment that works for me not I on it... I like the air tanks for cleaning the interiors the high pressor air works great.. and I like the polishers that are small and attach to the air hose...

sealant cleaners waxes

windows crome polish
Old 06-16-2009, 07:23 PM

Everything you could possibly need is here: Detailed Image
Old 06-16-2009, 07:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W211 E55 AMG, ML63 AMG, Past 996GT3,ZCPM3,Brabus C32,ML 500
Use this code for DI..those guys seem cool 10offMBW - 10% Off Coupon

Last edited by Vader13; 06-16-2009 at 11:00 PM. Reason: zzzzzzzzingggggg