Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

Mother's Power Ball - Mini Power Ball - Cone

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-25-2009, 01:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my wife wild, but she loves every minute of it.
Mother's Power Ball - Mini Power Ball - Cone

Any success with these products? Did Chip Foose sell out, or are they good products despite the fact they are used with rotary - and not orbital - power?
Old 07-27-2009, 10:18 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2021 C63S Cabriolet, 2021 GLE53 Coupe, 2022 GT3 Touring, 2021 Taycan Turbo S, 2022 F-150 Lightning
I use it...

on the wheels on my F250. It works well. I dont use it on the benz because of the wheel configuration. I have the power ball and am going to pick up the new cone.

Jan
Old 07-29-2009, 12:14 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
'20 Targa 4 DD, ' 18 Volvo S60 T6
I used the cone for cut polishing some 1500 wet sanding on the cleat of my wheels and to buff out hipping scratches - worked well.

They are very tough - after about 2 hours of abuse the foam did not deteriorate at all.

I've never used foam for cut polish before but worked well for wheels.
Old 08-09-2009, 12:30 PM

I have a Black & Decker orbital, and many people have the Porter-Cable. I hope to find a comparison between the Mother's powerball and using the orbital.
Old 08-23-2009, 02:48 PM
Almost a Member!

SL-500
I have never used them but if you will use then tell the result.
Old 08-23-2009, 05:09 PM

Mother's Mini-powerball

I removed the labeling from the trunk today using my non-favorite mint-flavored dental floss. I knew there was a reason to keep it around. I conservatively estimate that I have enough floss to remove labels on about 987 cars.

Since the foam adhesive is old, some areas were hard. I chose not to use a hair dryer, since the material was hard and brittle. Instead, I made a poltice with my favorite solvent, WD-40. I draped the poltice on the dried adhesive and left it for about 30 minutes. When I returned, the WD-40 had done its work and the bits of adhesive/foam were soft and came off easily when rubbed with a terrycloth towel.

There were phantom lines for some of the letters, but only a few. I slipped the Mother's Mini-powerball into my cordless drill and started with some Liquid Glass pre-cleaner. This is not an abrasive, and my first attack is always with the least abrasive/agressive product. One areas was particularly resistant, and I stepped up to a tiny bit of Mother's scratch remover. A little more work with Mother's Mini-powerball and it was gone, so I went back over the area with the Liquid Glass pre-cleaner and followed that with two coats of LG.

I was originally concerned that the Mother's Mini-powerball (or Powerball) would leave circular swirl marks that would require work with an orbital. I'm pleased to report there were no swirl marks, circular or otherwise. Perhaps, it's the nature of the many little foam fingers -- but there were no swirm marks at all.