Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

Menzerna FMJ and Klasse all-in-one together?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-22-2009, 11:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
08 E-550 4-matic Sport; '15 RAM, '15 X3, '15 Charger SRT
Menzerna FMJ and Klasse all-in-one together?

I'm getting ready for a 4500 mi trip from CO to east coast and back in my 08 E-550. I have used FMJ on all upper body parts and Klasse on lower panels and front. Should I use a second coat of either and can/should I put Klasse over FMJ? Looking to get max protection for a 2 week trip.

I've still not decided which product gives the best protection. I also used Klasse on the wheels.
Old 08-23-2009, 02:31 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SL-500
I think it will be good to use a second coat. It will be good.
Old 08-24-2009, 07:22 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by mtnbenzer
I'm getting ready for a 4500 mi trip from CO to east coast and back in my 08 E-550. I have used FMJ on all upper body parts and Klasse on lower panels and front. Should I use a second coat of either and can/should I put Klasse over FMJ? Looking to get max protection for a 2 week trip.

I've still not decided which product gives the best protection. I also used Klasse on the wheels.
The Klasse AIO has chemical cleaning agents in that would remove the FMJ by in large so I would use the AIO first and then the FMJ. I would apply a coat of AIO on the whole car, including headlights, wheels, etc. Let it cure for at least one hour, ideally 12 - 24 and then apply the FMJ to the whole car.

Greg @ DI
Old 08-24-2009, 07:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
08 E-550 4-matic Sport; '15 RAM, '15 X3, '15 Charger SRT
Klasse & FMJ

Thanks for the advice! I went ahead and applied a second coat of FMJ where I already applied it (upper 3/4 of car) and a second coat of AIO on front/grill/lights and lower panels. They need the cleaning aspects more than the upper and I think may help with removal of tar and bugs maybe more than the FMJ. In any case this car looks amazing! It was clayed this spring so that is ok for awhile. Extremely smooth and slick finish. Your recommendation makes sense. For now I will keep the AIO and FMJ separate.