Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

How do you remove the water marks on the windshield and on the paint?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-30-2009, 02:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C300 Sports 4-Matic
How do you remove the water marks on the windshield and on the paint?

I waxed, clayed and washed my car many times but i can still see watermarks on the windhsield and paint.

The paint is very smooth, no other contamination build up except for the visible water spotting when looking at different angle.

I use Micro Fiber and Chamois when drying my car, but i don't think it has anything to do with it. I think it may caused from an acid rain, not sure and i am out of idea how to get rid of those marks.

Any help and avice will be greatly appreciated.
Old 08-30-2009, 03:04 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Most likely the marks came from hard water while washing or a sprinkler system. Washing, claying and waxing are rather unlikely to remove the water marks as they actually etch into the clear coat. The paint will need to be polished or you can use theChemical Guys Water Spot Remover - 16 oz on it. Knowing what polishes are needed would depend on how bad they have etched. I would generally start off with a light polish and use more aggressive ones as needed. A buffer does help this process, because they provide the heat and pressure needed to really work in the polish. We have several easy and safe to use buffers on our site if you are interested.

For the glass I would use the Glass Science Glass Scrub - 10 oz. It helps deep clean the glass and removes just about every water mark I have encountered. Please let me know if you have any other questions or if you would like other recommendations.

Greg @ DI
Old 08-30-2009, 10:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C300 Sports 4-Matic
Sweet, how do you use the Chemical Guys Water Spot Remover properly?

Do you mix it with water?

Would it leave or damage my paint if i used it incorrectly?

Thank you,
Old 08-31-2009, 03:03 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Asianguy
Sweet, how do you use the Chemical Guys Water Spot Remover properly?

Do you mix it with water?

Would it leave or damage my paint if i used it incorrectly?

Thank you,
To use it properly I recommend you wash the surface first to remove loose contaminants. Make sure the paint is cool to the touch and out of direct sun light. Next I would use a clean towel or an applicator (i.e. Microfiber Applicator) and pour a small amount of the WSR on it and wipe the affected area with light to medium pressure. When you are done rinse off the surface thoroughly, I usually rewash the area to be thorough. This product can damage the paint if it's used incorrectly. It's certainly not hard to use as directed though so with some basic common sense you should be fine.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Greg @ DI