Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

How to avoid rubber strips?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-09-2003, 09:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
04' E500 w/Appear. PKG, Panorama Roof
How to avoid rubber strips?

How do you avoid or remove Zaino from rubber strips? I have a Pano roof and it has 2 very narrow pieces of painted area between rubber slide channels. These run the length of the roof. How do I keep the wax off these rubber areas? What do you use to remove it?
Old 03-09-2003, 09:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Mercedes-Benz
zaino will not stain rubber or plastic, so you shouldnt have anything to worry about! If you do get some on there just use some rubbing quik detailer or rubber dressing and a towel and you should be fine.
Old 03-09-2003, 09:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
04' E500 w/Appear. PKG, Panorama Roof
Hey thanks Al- I tried all as you suggested (as best I could first time out) and it went well!

Got it washed very well, ( including wheel wells, back of wheels) claybarred, re-washed and went ahead and did the z-1 with zfx and the z-5, for 2 coats. Car looks awesome. Would have done more but had to mow the yard, etc... I am whipped now!.

I will order the z-2 and z6 Monday and re-coat with at least 2 more coats of z-5 before week is out ( unless it rains!)

I spent a lot of time on the claybar and the surface feels soo smooth !

The scratch I mentioned to you buffed mostly out ( I did use a orbital on it lightly) and is only about 2 mm long now . I decided to forget it. If the dealer repaints it will be worse than the scratch.

In reading- I found where Zaino says no harm to rubber and it went well.

Thanks AGAIN!