Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

How do you get sticker residue off of the paint?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-18-2003, 10:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2007 VW GTI
How do you get sticker residue off of the paint?

So as I was walking to my car to drive home from class tonight, I noticed that some *******g idiot put a "virgin mobile" sticker on my driver's side door. It was about 1.5" in diameter, so it was very hard to peel off without leaving sticker residue. As such, I now have sticky crap on my door.

Any ideas on how to get this off without hurting the paint? I have some 3M fine abrasive but I really think that's way over the line in this situation. I just don't know what else to do; please give me tips!
Old 03-19-2003, 12:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
session,

Goof Off will work but then you need to re-wax. Some folks use Baby Oil but then again you need to wash and perhaps re-wax BUT they are the least abrasive.

I use Pinnacle Cleansing Lotion or GEPC to remove most of my run ins with sticker residue.

Anthony
Old 03-19-2003, 07:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Mercedes-Benz
Originally posted by Anthony Orosco
session,

Goof Off will work but then you need to re-wax. Some folks use Baby Oil but then again you need to wash and perhaps re-wax BUT they are the least abrasive.

I use Pinnacle Cleansing Lotion or GEPC to remove most of my run ins with sticker residue.

Anthony
you will still need to rewax with PPCL or GEPC.