Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

Protecting new car

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-04-2002, 01:20 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Land Rover DII, 2002 C230
Protecting new car

I just got a C230 2 weeks ago and have been trying to figure out the best way to repair the dealers swirl marks and wax the car. I finally decided on 3M imperial hand glaze and Blitz wax. From what I have read the carnuba waxes seem to provide natural conditioning for the paint. I also read that some waxes (like meguires) can leave a murky finish on German paint, I have not heard this about Blitz wax though. I was considering Zymol until I saw the price, concours glaze $140!!! And they have a tin of wax that goes for $999. Do they also proved the muscle for application also? Does anyone have any good/bad experiences with 3M hand glaze or Blitz wax, any zillionaires use the $999 Zymol? Thanks.
Old 02-04-2002, 08:00 AM
Almost a Member!

2000 E320 4Matic
Thumbs up I love Zaino

Try Zaino products. They are polymer finishes. Clay bar your car first. Then, if you are like me, next time you are in the showroom feel the finish on the brand new showroom cars. A "Zainoed" car has a much better finish.
Others have used various polymer finishes with equal success including Finish First, Klasse. Reading about it is harder than doing it and it is fun!
Here's the link. Zaino website
Best regards,
Nick
Old 02-07-2002, 05:03 AM

2004 SLK 32 AMG, 2002 E320, 2002 ML320, 1986 Porsche 944
$999 for car wax?

Geez, does that come with your own private detailer? For a year. And a private valet to position your car in the driveway after the wax? For a year. And a nice steak and lobster meal while you wait? And the services of the waitress who serves your meal.

OK, I'll buy it.
Old 02-07-2002, 12:43 PM

2001 Mercedes-Benz E430
Check this out:

www.permafinish.com

What do you all think?
Old 02-07-2002, 01:09 PM

2001 MB CLK55
Re: Protecting new car

Originally posted by jpgroom
I just got a C230 2 weeks ago and have been trying to figure out the best way to repair the dealers swirl marks and wax the car
IMHO, your first step ought to take place at the dealership. Delivering a car, Benz or otherwise, with swirlmarks is wholly unacceptable.

I'd start with the sales manager, assuming the issue was present on delivery (my wife's black E320S came out of it's first service with swirl marks, so I started with the service manager). Plain & simple request - make it right, or pay the detailer of your choice to do so.

Good luck!