Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

MB Leather Care Foam

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-21-2011, 06:18 AM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
E63S
MB Leather Care Foam

Hello
I am new to the car detailing game so please go easy on me!! I have also done a search and not been able to find the answer.
I have a C class with the Nappa leather package. At a recent service the dealer "threw in" some car care products they had lying around, including a spray can of some stuff called "Mercedes Benz Leather Care Foam".
Unfortunately apart from a few generic spray can warnings there are no instructions on the can. My questions are as follows:
- do I apply this stuff directly to the leather or on to an applicator/cloth and then rub it in to the leather?
- if with a cloth what sort of cloth (I just read somewhere on this site that microfibre cloths should not be used on leather seats as they are too abrasive)?
Cheers
Old 06-21-2011, 07:15 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
'84 380 SL/ '02 XK8

For heavily soiled areas use foam cleaner, allow react time to do its work. Then use a soft brush to agitate and loosen the dirt. The Swissvax Leather Brush is made from durable natural bristles in optimum length, strength and rigidity and is highly recommended for cleaning finished leather and vinyl.

However if you need to deep clean finished leather you will need to gently rub over the grained surfaces in slow repeated circles, especially on light coloured leathers where the dirt can become deeply ingrained and hard to remove. A fairly stiff bristle brush can be used to agitate the foam cleaner into the grain pattern; this enables the cleaning of the micro pores and creases and lifts the dirt out and reveals any further problems that require attention. Remove reside with a 100% cotton micro fibre towel (Zymol or Swisswax)

Last edited by TOGWT; 06-21-2011 at 07:18 AM.