Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

CLk light grey leather losing color?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-02-2012, 12:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yo Momma
CLk light grey leather losing color?

I do not know what it is maybe heave wear and tear? but i noticed my seats losing some grey color from them. I was told by a detailer that i would need to get them re dyed? Is that the best option to go by? or what other options do i have? i live in nyc but work in PA
Old 03-02-2012, 06:44 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'84 380 SL/ '02 XK8
Options:
1. Do nothing (finish will further degrade over time)
2. Apply a pigmentation (colour) and clear finish (done properly a ‘like new’ fish is attainable)
3. Install new seat covers
Old 03-04-2012, 03:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Yo Momma
so these seats have leather covers on our seats? Where can i get these seat covers? I thought it was all ONE piece? Thanks for the response
Old 03-04-2012, 04:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 SL 500 Silver Arrow
I have my steering wheel also loosing its color (two tone black & grey) maybe my fault as i use hand disinfectant and may have touched the wheel too many times with the alcohol content in the hand cleaner
is it also possible to dye this ?
Old 03-09-2012, 06:30 AM

'84 380 SL/ '02 XK8
“Leather Pigment (Dye) Upholstery Restoration” - http://www.autopia.org/forum/autopia...ml#post1488560
Old 03-14-2012, 10:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Yo Momma
Thank you, TOGWT. A little confused though... is that your website? If yes what do we need to get our seats restored to its original color or get them "redyed" ?
Old 03-15-2012, 06:51 AM

'84 380 SL/ '02 XK8
Swisswax Leather Healer Leather Dye - an easy-to-apply Leather refurbishing dye, its Is easy to apply and sets automatically and permanently, without leaving a heavy layer of pigments as often encountered with other leather tinting

Apply after the thorough preparation of the leather surface The Swissvax dye sets automatically and permanently without leaving a heavy layer of pigment as it is often the case with other sprayed-on leather tinting. The leathers fine and natural structure as well as its typical original feel are perfectly preserved.

Certain areas of your vehicles leather interior like seats, upholstery, side mouldings and steering wheels inevitably start to show signs of wear, even if well taken care of, that spoil its overall impression. Often these imperfections are not serious and are simply colour that has worn off or light scratches in the leather surface which can be removed and will disappear with the right application The Swissvax dye is easily applied with a small sponge and sets automatically and permanently. The leathers fine and natural structure as well as its typical original feel are perfectly preserved.
46 Standard Colours
Old 03-15-2012, 07:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Yo Momma
THanks, i went to the online store section of that website but could not find "Swisswax leather healer and leather dye".