Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

Help on order of events?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-10-2003, 11:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C230Kompressor
Help on order of events?

This is the weekend! I'm going to take everything I've learned here and put it to the test. But I wanted to make sure I'm doing this in the right order (and not undoing something I've already done). This is what makes sense to me:

Wash with Dawn to strip old Zymol.
Clay Magic (using Zaino wash as lube)
Touch up paint/Langka
Z5 with ZFX
Z6
Z5 (repeat)

I know there will be a wash or two (with Zaino wash) as well, but I think that will depend on the time, and how dirty it gets between stuff.

Comments? Suggestions?
TIA
Old 07-10-2003, 12:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Mercedes-Benz
Re: Help on order of events?

Originally posted by KOMPRESSORnSC
This is the weekend! I'm going to take everything I've learned here and put it to the test. But I wanted to make sure I'm doing this in the right order (and not undoing something I've already done). This is what makes sense to me:

Wash with Dawn to strip old Zymol.
Clay Magic (using Zaino wash as lube)
Touch up paint/Langka
Z5 with ZFX
Z6
Z5 (repeat)

I know there will be a wash or two (with Zaino wash) as well, but I think that will depend on the time, and how dirty it gets between stuff.

Comments? Suggestions?
TIA
the process checks out ok with me! However Langka is easier to work with when the touch paint has dried for a day. Do several coats to bring the paint above the rest of the paint, (4 coats about) and wait 30 min between coats.